Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Hobart

Hi there, just introducing myself. I am recently retired, living in Hobart and spend a lot of time on Bruny Island where we own and run Adventure Bay Holiday Home. As such I take a lot of landscape and seascape photos of the are and have been posting them on Facebook, however am seeking a new forum where I am happy to receive constructive feedback on my work. I have been a hobbyist photographer for most of my life, having done wedding and portrait photography as a part time business some years back. My latest camera gear is a Sony A7RIV with a variety of Sony and Sigma lenses. I am also an accredited drone pilot with ARN in the sub 2kg category and do some limited commercial work, as well as land and seascape aerial photography. My editing platform has changed recently to Photoshop and I am learning how best to use this to create better images from what I have photographed. I hope you like my images. Thank you for accepting me to your forum.

G'day Sean

WELCOME aboard mate .... you'll find the mob here to be (as Nino Culotta in the 1960s film said) They're a weird lot!

Seriously tho - we're just like you in many ways - long term and short term 'togs with various bits of clobber hanging onto our shoulders, and at various stages of our photographic endeavours

Most os uf are also stickybeaks for someone else's goodies, esp landscapes and seascapes, so when you have a couple to show us, I for one will be looking fwd to seeing them

ps- we've been to Bruny several times, love it along with the rest of the place, it's just a pity that the boat (Spirit) is so expensive for what really is a water-taxi
    Phil

Comment

Hi Sean

Looking forward to seeing your efforts.

There are a few retired old farts here with many years of photo experience.

I belonged to a camera club in the seventies where we ran B&w and Colour slide competitions. Now travel about when allowed just to take pictures and create memories for when I get dementure.

21028587.jpg
      I'll take pictures of most things.

Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Welcome Sean,

I look forward to seeing some of your photos. Please feel free to post any old or new images you would like to share, and to comment on other’s photos.

The friendly mob here have plenty of combined experience of photography and photoshop.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Welcome to our forum Sean! Great to have you onboard. Looking forward to your input and with your experience I'm sure you will provide some great images, comments and advice in all things photography. Cheers, Greg
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Welcome to the forum Sean, we're a small but friendly bunch here. I'm sure everyone is keen to see what you have to offer.
            My Gear

Comment

Working...
            X