Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Tulip country... in casu The Netherlands.

Hello to you all,

Another member from the other side of the Earth and due to the closure of www.photograpy-forum.org, where I am a member.

My name is Caroline, I am 29 years old, and I come from the western part of the Netherlands, the place where the Tulips grow.... which doesn't tell you anything, but if I say 30 km from Amsterdam, that may be clearer.

I love portrait photography and photographing flowers in spring, tulip time.
    Pictures like below. I love tulips.... and live close to the Keukenhof.

I am not into Facebook, but more into forums, so I decided to give it a try to join this forum.
    I own a Nikon D5500 with two lenses... and furthermore.... I am really an amateur in the photography world.

Cheers,
    Carolline

YcRB4V1.jpg

Welcome Caroline. Nice to see a new member from Holland. I have Dutch friends here in Australia and they are wonderful folk. I don't see anything amateur about your tulip photo. It has good lighting, beautiful colour, a good POV and you've focused on that yellow one which makes it jump out. You haven't saved the exif data in your image, so that might be a good idea to help members here see what your setting were. It helps with advice if ever you need it. I love to take shots of flora so we may be able to share some tips. Welcome to our family.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

G'day Caroline (or LL-ine??) from your signature

Firstly - another Welcome Aboard our little friendly foto-forum
      As to your image - what wonderful colours and depth within the frame. I would be very happy if it were one of my images!

One of the beaut things I like about this group is the overall friendliness and first-name chatting that we do over these discussion pages. We have many beginners, a fair-few in the middle and people like Isac (Greg to his mum) and Grumpy John (who does smile when you see him) who know heaps more than I do about heaps of stuff.
      Me- well my spouse just nicknamed me "Mr Havachat" so I do that as well
      In Canberra (Aussie's capital city) they have an annual flower festival called Floriade where they plant 100,000 tulips each year and Aussies come from all over the mainland to see them

Phil

Comment

Welcome aboard Caroline, glad to see you also prefer the forum environment over Facebook. I'm sure that you will make many friends here.
        My Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
          Welcome Caroline. Nice to see a new member from Holland. I have Dutch friends here in Australia and they are wonderful folk. I don't see anything amateur about your tulip photo. It has good lighting, beautiful colour, a good POV and you've focused on that yellow one which makes it jump out. You haven't saved the exif data in your image, so that might be a good idea to help members here see what your setting were. It helps with advice if ever you need it. I love to take shots of flora so we may be able to share some tips. Welcome to our family.
          Thanks Isac, for the lovely comments on my first picture…
          ehm… exif…. Oops. Well… i don’t know how I should do that.
          I read in the rules that max width or height is 1200 pixels allowed. So I made a shortcut on my iPad that transforms a picture to that size. Then I post it to imgur and incorporate it over here. My normal pictures, right off the camera are I think.. 6000 pixels wide.
          Maybe the shortcut destroys the exif information.

Originally posted by Phil
          G'day Caroline (or LL-ine??) from your signature

Firstly - another Welcome Aboard our little friendly foto-forum
          As to your image - what wonderful colours and depth within the frame. I would be very happy if it were one of my images!

One of the beaut things I like about this group is the overall friendliness and first-name chatting that we do over these discussion pages. We have many beginners, a fair-few in the middle and people like Isac (Greg to his mum) and Grumpy John (who does smile when you see him) who know heaps more than I do about heaps of stuff.
          Me- well my spouse just nicknamed me "Mr Havachat" so I do that as well
          In Canberra (Aussie's capital city) they have an annual flower festival called Floriade where they plant 100,000 tulips each year and Aussies come from all over the mainland to see them

Phil
          Thanks for the welcome Phil. It is the one L Caroline, I accidentally typed one L extra.
          I like friendly forums. I am a member of another, not photography, forum which is also very friendly, so I have gotten a little used to it.
          I have understood that you have helped restoring this forum after the break down. Very great job!

It was odd… I posted my first post. And I few days later I received a notification that there were answers. And I took a look again. I very often work form my iPad, so I went to the forum and it was all a text-oriented forum. Navigating was not possible and I could not login. So I decided/guessed that it was me and my iPad that were the problem… after a few days only I was able to look via a computer and there I found out that it also was alike that on my computer!! So finally I went to the other forum and there I saw that this forum had been attacked seriously.
          Still great from you guys to have been able to restore it so quickly.

Originally posted by Grumpy John
          Welcome aboard Caroline, glad to see you also prefer the forum environment over Facebook. I'm sure that you will make many friends here.
          Thanks Grumpy John for the welcome over here.

Comment

Next try to post a picture… with exif… but it is bigger…

yJRCpyF.jpg
            Strange enough…. It is not sharp.. It was posted directly from the iPad to imgur.

BE3A4F61-2A06-4280-9817-2ABAAC29A7D7.jpg

Now I uploaded it… but it seems to be too big…, but it is sharper, still struggling
            it is another try to capture the red colour of the tulips… I find that red is a very difficult colour, do you too ?

Comment

G'day Caroline

Welcome back

Your tulips are stunning--the back lighting certainly brings out the wonderful colours in the petals and leaves

Yes- all digital cameras seem to have a bit of a struggle with red / orange / purple ..... I will leave it to the tech people amongst us to try to explain more
              As to downsizing and uploading ... I have no Apple equipment so do not know anything about your kit, so am unable to offer a solution. Again- others will be able to do so

Phil

Comment

Hi Caroline

Comment

• Caroline
                  Caroline commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Sharon !
              Working...
              X