Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again :)

Been a long time since I was here, about 9 months I think. My depression always gets worse during the winter months but picks up when the weather gets warmer, unfortunately my fiancé (who has C.O.P.D.) has got a lot worse and I am now his full time carer.
    The good news is that he has just paid for me to get membership for a year to Dartmoor Zoo as at the moment my r&r is my 2 night shifts at work lol, so hopefully I will go there as often as possible (aiming for once a week) and get some nice photo's

Sharon

Welcome back SharonH, you're not the only one to be impacted by the winter months, I too struggle to get out and about during winter. This year has been especially difficult for me as our car was in for repairs for 9 weeks due to an accident, then about 2 weeks after getting the car back I was struck down with Covid. I am now clear of Covid but have a nasty lingering cough that I can't seem to shake.
    That's enough misery from me, I hope things don't get any worse for your fiancé, hoping that you are able to make good use of your membership to the Dartmoor Zoo,
    My Gear

Comment

Oh no, coughs are awful, I hope it goes soon.
      Thank you :-)

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Slowly getting better, I went to the doctor last Tuesday and I now have an inhaler which is helping.

G'day Sharon

Welcome back !!! ... I remember some of your beautiful images and I look fwd to seeing lots more from you again

Phil

Comment

We've only just started Winter and I'm already sick of the rain and cold weather
        A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Thank you all :-)

Comment

We will soon be off again heading for the warmth up north. Looking forward to some of your zoo shots.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

Thank you :-)

Comment

Well I didn't manage to stick around too long did I My fiancé got a lot worse, photography went out of the window and I turned into his full time carer. Life got too difficult trying to look after Martin, work at my job and do housework etc by myself so I made the difficult decision to give up work. It's actually working out a lot better than I expected and I am hoping that I can get out taking photo
                s again on the days he is alright I have taken a few macro ones but am struggling with it so expect questions soon lol

Comment

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm glad you're back on track and coming to grips with your monumental challenges in looking after yourself and Martin. Give him our regards.
                  As with macro, it's definitely a genre all on its own and very challenging. Rewarding when it all goes well, I look forward to seeing your progress. Please ask as many questions as you like, we're all here to help.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X