Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne Meetup

Just wondering if any of the Melbourne members would be interested in catching up for a coffee/coldie, or perhaps an outing exploring Melbourne's laneways.
    My Gear

I would be interested depending on when and where
    Cheers Richard !

Comment

I am a retired person, so the when is really not an issue. Not too fussed about the where, as long as parking is not an issue. CBD is okay, I'll take the train.
      I notice you're in S.E. suburbs, my neck of the woods, so if it ends up just being us two I'm happy for you to choose a location.
      Let's hope we get some more interested parties.
      My Gear

Comment

Looks like it's just you and me so far Richard. I'm happy for you to choose the time and place.
        My Gear

Comment

If you want to swing by and pick me up on the way, I’ll be happy to attend as well John
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

And me too, while you're on your way back from picking up Brad.

Comment

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha.

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              I suppose dropping by to pick me up in Perth is out of the question. Perth is in WA for those who don't know. WA means WESTERN AUSTRALIA but for us living here it means WAIT AWHILE.

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              Having worked at Karratha, Port Hedland, Dampier & Cape Lambert for Rio Tinto and BHP I can vouch for that. And NT (Northern Territority) really stands for Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday and Not Thursday. So when you're fixing a breakdown you're basically SOOL unless you bring a complete set of spares with you

Bump
            My Gear

Comment

• Spearmint
              Spearmint commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, will do John. I should know by this evening!

• Spearmint
              Spearmint commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll be at the gardens at 9:15am Grumpy John. I'll wait at the bottom of the steps near the office in front of the red garden. If your're not there by 25 past I'll assume you're not coming and will wander off.

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Richard, I'll be there at 9:15 sharp.
              PM sent

I'd be a starter but this weekend I am chasing cyclists and Vic Police solos from Melbourne to Warrnambool and then coming back at legal speeds.
            The Dandenongs are my haunt and as Spearmint can attest I know all the steepest and most difficult places to get to and if they are not steep and difficult they are homes for leeches.

Comment

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              You would be more than welcome K1W1, maybe a trip to the CBD. I hate leeches.

• Spearmint
              Spearmint commented
              Editing a comment
              You forgot to mention the minimum 10km workout, plus not always in the best of weather. We've been rained on quite a number of times

All good though John, some lovely places to photograph in the Dandenong Ranges, and K1W1 knows most if not all of them.

Maybe November 2023.....I am visiting my sister to celebrate her ........th birthday..:-)

Comment

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              By all means, create a new post closer to the time. I'm sure at least one of the members will be happy to show you around.

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
            Maybe November 2023.....I am visiting my sister to celebrate her ........th birthday..:-)

When you know the dates and whereabouts in Melbourne you will be staying post them up.
            At this stage my November is pretty booked I have a week in Perth for work and 10 days in NZ for family reasons plus a likely weekend away motorcycle ride but if I can fit in a meet up I will be happy to do so.

Comment

Working...
            X