Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Creek

Six stop ND filter +CPL, set iso to 100, closed aperture down to f/22 then went looking for a shutter speed that would let some light in and 1/8 seem to do the trick. Handheld to give some blur. Was hoping for a surreal look, just enough sharpness to make it identifiable as a waterway, a creek meeting the ocean actually. I'm pretty happy with the end result, I certainly like the colours and the general feel of the image. Plan to do more of this style so this was a 'practice ' run really. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075-XL.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	360130
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

The colours are really nice Mick. I'd probably prefer it just a tad sharper, a little too abstract for me.

Comment

stuff ups are usually the best lol
      worked well imo

Comment

I like it Mick - but I'm a sucker for a bit of experimentation. Keep on walking
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
          The colours are really nice Mick. I'd probably prefer it just a tad sharper, a little too abstract for me.
          Cheers Gabby. It was hard to find a balance between abstract and just plain old blurry lol.
          Appreciate the feedback

Originally posted by Lost View Post
          stuff ups are usually the best lol
          worked well imo
          Heck, without stuff ups I wouldn't have any images in the arty farty folder. Thanks Ian.

Originally posted by caralan View Post
          I like it Mick - but I'm a sucker for a bit of experimentation. Keep on walking
          I have filters and am not afraid to use them.

Thanks for the encouragement Alan. Yeah, I'll keep walking but draw the line at the "then he was a she" bit lol!

Soft is the new sharp.

Comment

Looks a bit like coloured sandstone. Nice as an abstract.

Comment

Thanks SS.

Comment

I'm into abstract, so I like it A good experiment.

Comment

Thanks inapickle. I get bored doing 'normal' stuff and like to play.

Comment

You young folk with your new fancy modern ideas ..... it will come to no good, you know. Where is it all leading?

The Pentax Spotmatic II will do me for now, as it has since 1972. Now, where did I put the bulk film loader?
                    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Why would anyone want a bulk film loader?

(it's probably in the old shoebox in the spare room next to the Buddy Holly LPs)

Comment

It's where I keep about 100m of my Ilford HP4. Cheaper to buy in bulk. Load up my own film cassettes. Sometimes I might shoot up to 60 frames a day!! No kidding. It takes about 3 hours in the darkroom just to print off about a dozen 10 X 8's. That's after I've processed the film and let it dry over night.

It's OK. I'm beginning to revert back to the 70's. I'll get back to my 'puter with 32 Gb of RAM and the fancy HD and color monitor.

Oh, and I'm glad you're into modern music Mick. Buddy Holly is great eh, despite rumours of his demise. And aren't those records that spin slowly - I think they're called 33 LP's - better than those 78's I have a mountain of?
                        Last edited by sejac; 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM.
                        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

I'm so glad I didn't discover photography until the digital age.

But I do miss my mountain of LPs (the slow spinning ones) even just for the decorative value now. I'd line the walls with them lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X