Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Dunes

Three different takes on dunes of the Simpson desert.

Converted to b&w to remove the distraction of colour and focus attention on shape, form, texture, composition and light. Especially with the last image of the series.

The first image appealed to me as an ocean wave just begining to break from the top left. The second I saw as almost being an aboriginal painting.

Geometric shapes are important tools in composing an image and the last image has quite a number of triangles (my favourite).

I liked the way the light was falling on the grass on the dark side of the dune and noted the three clumps of grass formed a triangle in what I saw as a pleasing composition. There are many triangles throughout the image that I can see anyway, probably a dozen or so and I feel they work together to produce a solid composition.

Probably one of my favourite images from the trip though I doubt it will appeal to all and that's ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDIM1407.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	411945

Name:	SDIM1602.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	411946

Name:	SDIM1941.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	411947
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Great photos Mick. These give credence to you and your work. You certainly do have a way of getting the lens to tell the story - Your vision through your lens is a work of art.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

You are too kind Isac. Thank you good sir.

Comment

Some amazing textures in the first two - interesting prints in #2 and I wonder what creatures made them. Very strong contrast in #3 and makes the ridge of the dune look razor sharp. The only down side for me is that the tip of the lit side of the dune blends too well into the bright sky.

Comment

I thought that might be a problem. Looks better when viewed large but it's still a bit of an issue, thanks for mentioning that Gabby, I might revisit and see if there is room to move in that area.

Comment

Working...
          X