Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order and Chaos

I love dabbling in b&w, once the colour has been stripped away all is laid bare.

These two images were, by pure chance, side by side on my website and as I flicked between the two I had a feeling of alternating order and chaos.

Order...to me this is a 'neat' image. A place for everything and everything in its place. Wide at the base, narrow at the top, big stuff at the base, small stuff up top. The natural order of things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDIM4248-XL.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	414318

Chaos...light, shadow, lines and space all over the place. Not the sort of image that will appeal to many, I can accept that, but this is becoming one of my favourite images from the desert.

I remember at the time of capture thinking "wow, look at that!" . But I had no idea of what "that" was . Just new instantly that I loved the scene before my eyes, had to capture it, had to convert to b&w and yet if you ask me what the image is about I have absolutely no idea.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDIM3188-XL.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	414319
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

These are awesome Mick and I hope they will both be blown up BIG and featured in your exhibition.

I see what you mean about both - well spotted to see how they would work in monochrome as well

Cheers
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Order and Chaos , I think that describes both photos quite well Mick.
      The first one is comforting, while the 2nd is haunting. B&W is the only way to go, especially the 2nd one.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Thanks you two.

I was hoping I wasn't the only person who liked these, especially the second.

Comment

I really like the 2nd. Sadly I don't yet have the photography vocabulary to tell you why.
          Sony A7rii
          https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Cheers Todd.

Comment

Maybe it's a gender thing as I prefer #1. #2 is aptly named, very chaotic, making my eyes race through the scene without landing anywhere in particular.

Comment

Interesting comment Gabby. Chaos has been a big part of my life so I was excited to be able to finally photograph it.

Comment

Working...
                X