Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luminar 4 to the rescue

I manages to get a shot of 3 juvenile Pacific Gulls roosting high up on a light fitting at Sawtells Inlet (Tooradin) today. While shooting birds roosting up high from ground level is not my favourite POV I didn't know if they would be coming down any time soon so I took several shots. It was just a monotonous grey sky so I thought it would be a good chance to see what Lumoinar 4 could do to rescue the image
    Any C & C would be appreciated.

#1 The 3 Amigos. As you can see by the "deposits" it is a favourite resting place to survey the surrounds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Juvie Pacific Gulls.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	469161

#2 Luminar to the rescue. I had to do a bit of masking work as the blue bled through where there was white in the birds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Juvie Pacific Gulls - Luminar 4 Sky.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	469162
    My Gear

It does a good job John, could save a lot of time. Did you use any sliders to help fix the bleeds? Did you use your own sky or a Luminar image? While you were doing yours, I was having a play as well so I'll put them in a new thread later.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      I used one of the Luminar skies. I didn't play around with the slider, just did the mask as we discussed. It was just a quick experiment as I thought the original image would be a suitable subject to play with.
      Last edited by Grumpy John; 05-02-2020, 08:33 PM.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. Using the extra adjustment sliders and the mask really does give the program some power.

Makes it a much better image.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      It certainly does Hans, thanks for looking.
Working...
X