Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR Experiment

Three Fuji RAW images -2,0, +2, three HDR software programs PS, LR and HDR Efex Pro 2. No image editing at all just a straight HDR conversion in each of the three software packages.

Software 1

Software 2

Software 3

I prefer the first two here. The sky colour in #3 is a bit off and #4 is too light. With a bit of pp any of these would be ok. If the first is a single exposure, I don’t think the HDR technique has added much. It would be worth seeing how the programs performed on a subject with a much greater brightness range.

I rarely use HDR or blended exposures any more. Using raw and lifting shadows and recovering highlights usually are sufficient for me.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Not sure of your labeling but the second last I like least for its colouring of the sky. I would pick something between the first and last. I thought the shadows were a bit deep in the first two and a bit light in the last.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

I would like to see #1 and #2 side by side, they both look very similar, but I think #2 has the edge.
        It's very hard on the forum to compare images as you have to shrink them too much to get a side by side comparison.

Like Hans, I'm not sure about 4 images, but 3 software choices. Are #1 and #2 duplicates?
        My Gear

Comment

Working...
        X