No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 various

Just a few taken recently. First one is a terrible picture as it was dark beneath tree canopy and I dont have a proper flash. As a result handheld at iso3200 ( auto capped) leaves a bit to be desired, but I know these birds are here now so will try to get a decent picture. Anyway here they are...

Click image for larger version

Name:	WHP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	337059

Name:	w1.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	337060

Name:	swans.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	337061

Name:	ml2.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	337062
    Canon 7D , 60D

The first looks pretty good for iso 3200. I think the main problem is the mix of sun and shade which a flash would have helped. The others are excellent. If it were mine I would crop a bit from the left of the second.

I like the reflections of the swans. The plover looks to be a bit tilted to me but it's a nice clear image.

A nice set.
    Last edited by wigz; 13-03-2013, 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

With the swan image a small step to the right would have avoided the blurred swan in the background intersecting with the foreground one and that would have given a stronger image. Better still if the blurred swan wasn't there at all but they rarely cooperate lol.

Other than that it's a good image.

The wren is cute but the image is a little busy with the leaves on right a bit distracting, hard to get these little birds out in the open though.

And I'd straighten the plover image before he falls over. Good exposure and nice clean detail.
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Firstly all I can think is "YAY" someone else who does crooked horizons...I deserve a really good slapping for rejoicing in that.
        3200 ISO! Whoa!
        You got some really clearly defined feather detail, especially impressive on the black swans.
        That must be the grumpiest looking wren that I've ever seen.
        The swans are lovely, great eye contact and environment, agree that the most distant ones are not in the best position.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

good details in these.
          iq looks ok at iso 3200 also. what camera?

swans look a tad busy to me, the swans in the b/g let it down a bit imho.

lapwing is my fav although the horizon police will be after you.
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
          X