• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-faced Heron and Great Egret

Not so great but at least they didn't fly away
    Attached Files
    Jess

Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away

Canon 550D 100-400mm lens Manual settings AF

I'm not sure about your comment:"Not so great ....". I think these are pretty great.

I think it's the simplicity of the composition. Just draws me in, almost like a meditation. So relaxing to look at.

I love the juxtaposition between the wood and the bird in #2. For #1, I can't help thinking what a wider crop would be like. Maybe even a landscape format. Just a thought. Meditating again! Ha Ha!!
    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

I'm not sure about your comment:"Not so great ....". I think these are pretty great (thanks Charles)

I was thinking #1 could be a whisker too warm; maybe my screen

Good images Jess.

Comment

Great images Jess, you are too modest.

I really like the White face Heron.
        Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
        Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Two good images Jess.
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

you did well,
            think you could boost the exposure with the great egret a tad.

think you could easily remove the tree behind the heron also,
            the tree and the heron are both equally competing for space in this shot and if you cloned the tree, you could crop the rhs and lift the image
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Thank you so much. Both the birds were quite high up so not much chance, unfortunately of including a landscape. One of those instances when you nearly fall over backwards to get the shot...lol. The reason I left the tree in with the Heron is because I felt he sorta kinda blended in, like camouflage you could say.
              Jess

Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away

Canon 550D 100-400mm lens Manual settings AF

Comment

Working...
              X