No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Fantail chicks

So previously I've posted the fantail building a nest and then sitting on eggs in this forum. So thought some here may be interested in some progress.
    These photos are of day old chicks, taken Monday morning. Could have cropped closer as the BG is a bit busy, but I like including all the nest for some reason.
    Such a wonder of nature. Went back today to further document and more nature had taken over and the nest was empty.
    Found the pair of fantails and they were catching food and whistling away and generally getting on with life. Nature moves on.
    Hang on, what was that? "Shut up Mark and post them photos."
    Posting the first photo because I like the tail.

So there you go. The few people that look here have got something more to look at. Let's hope that changes with time.
    Last edited by Isac; 14-01-2016, 10:49 AM. Reason: Numbered the images.

They are good Mark.

I like natural environment type shots. It's where the birds live and it's valid to show it as it is in the best manner you're able to.

Pity about the empty nest now.. any Butcher birds or Kookaburras about?

Comment

or currawongs or ravens? Tis a sad and sudden ending.
      I always think that any small bird's nest I can find and photograph is doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP little FT's and condolences to the parents and photographer.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

Very nice series Mark. Showing the natural environ is fine with me.

Love the chick in the second last one.

Shame they did all that work just to supply breakfast to another bird.

I suppose the squawking of the chicks doesn't help in keeping them unnoticed
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Good series Mark and I think you need the natural environment in these. I like #3 and #4 of these - can almost hear the chick in #4. Sad that it didn't end better but that's nature.

Comment

Sorry to take so long to thank everyone for your comments. So thank you all for taking the time to comment.
            Makes me feel a bit happier about the wider angles of the photos.

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            or currawongs or ravens? Tis a sad and sudden ending.
            I always think that any small bird's nest I can find and photograph is doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP little FT's and condolences to the parents and photographer.
            I always blame the currawongs 'cause I just don't like them.
            I think that any small bird's nest you can find and photograph is built in the wrong place.
            The challenge is to find the nests that are harder to photograph (and those don't get raided)

Comment

Sooooooo....did this one succeed? Very exciting and tooo gorgeous.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
              Haven't been there, not done that.
              Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                Sooooooo....did this one succeed? Very exciting and tooo gorgeous.
                Yes and yes.
                The last in the repost is at our local wetlands and the first two were in our yard (wowwow)

Comment

Working...
                X