No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what would you do?

Do you think anyone will notice if I try to sneak up!!!! by Joanne, on Flickr
    You see this.
    A. Keep getting closer until you scare them all off.
    B. Take shots resectfully from a vast distance.
    C. Walk up until the Shelducks and Teals rack off (you know how spooked they get).
    D. Rub your eyes and wonder if you are actually dead and walking in bird heaven?

Oh and got a photo on Explore.. :-) I think it's a juvenile singing honey eater. Was hilariously clumsy.
    Face Plant by Joanne, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

I would sneak up quietly with my Siggy 150-500 until I was happy with the distance. I don't think I would get too close as to scare them off though.
    That photo of the Honey Eater is superb and deserves to be in print so congratulations on the "Explore" achievement. Is it the Australian Museum Magazine?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Isac. Explore is a section of Flickr that highlights photos. They use some kind of formula to select specific images that are featured. Lots of people look and your images gets lots of exposure. No money to be made..just glory!!!
      For instance the face plant image has had 8,481 views 248 faves and 19 comments (The first of which is our own wonderful Alan) as compared to the the first image which has not been 'explored" and has a more typical for my images 42 views 6 faves and 2 comments (one of which was mine)/

D then A

And congrats on Explore (that first person to comment knew a good photo when he saw it ) Was that your first?

I was wondering if you were going to share it here.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha,, not doubt about it, you know talent when you see it. Your selection is nearly what I did. D then C. Still left me knee deep and at a big distance. Squatted down and got a nice wet bum and quite a number of cluttered bird images. :-)
      I remember having 2 bird images, 2 landscapes and 1 combo bird and landscape in explore. It can be rather strange what gets attention. That phone pano has had a lot of attention?? And a dodgy looking "forced perspective" image has too. I got an email from CNN asking if they could use it!!

Beautiful shot of the Honeyeater Jo. With the bird group.. Definitely D.. I start shooting as soon as I see them, keep advancing and shooting as I go..Burst is a great feature if you've got it.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Greg. I have continuous low or high speed options. I usually only use it for BIFs.
      I love birds more than my photos so prefer not to disturb them.

Keep walking closer and then get a shot of the take-off.

What a ripper #2 is. Just beautiful. A technically excellent too.

And what Isac said!!

Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Figure all you would get is a mass of bird bums anyway if you get too close and these poor birds are corralled there as most their estuary habitat has been taken over by people, so I prefer to shoot from a distance comfortable for them. Hate it when I interfere with their day to day lives.

Great selection of birds in #1 Jo - I always take the shot as soon as I see it, then I'd try and get closer. Kudos to you for not wanting to disturb them. #2 is stunning.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks PP. I did go back and get a bit closer..fewer birds..but I think it made it easier to get some cleaner shots!!

Quote Jo, "I love birds more than my photos so prefer not to disturb them." but I do like trying to get photos I like of them. Disturbance can be a BOP overhead so don't worry to much, they are meant to fly and generally come back. So A and C.
    Like that second photo.
    Must explore this explore thing (though I find it hard enough to keep up with two forums )

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's no as personal as the forums and quite scary with how amazing some photographers are.
Working...
X