X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went back 2

Stilt dabbling.
    Stilt dabble by Joanne, on Flickr

Great Egret successfully capturing some breakfast.
    Little egret with fish by Joanne, on Flickr

Pelican having a bit of a preen. Just love this light.
    pelican preen by Joanne, on Flickr

Not so common - common greenshank
    greenshank by Joanne, on Flickr

This white faced heron was peeking of the broken fence and seemed to be saying "why are you lying belly down in mud".
    white faces heron wondering what I'm lying on the ground for. by Joanne, on Flickr

I cut off the feet so used Caralan's trick and put some back on the Great egret..can you tell?
    Great egret fly by by Joanne, on Flickr

Thank you for looking and indulging me. My holidays are coming to an end soon and the weather looks a bit wet for a few days. So.....
    But at least I have the pictures to make me

Feel free to critique away... I can take it
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

These are even better than the other set. The WF Heron portrait is sooo sharp and the b/g so clean.

Love the water in the beak of #1, but I think the crop is too tight, (but you may not have any more room to play with). Maybe a slight CCW rotation?

Same for #2

Greenshank also seems a bit tight in the frame but I like the foot in the air.

Egret in flight also seems a bit tight, esp at the top, but as you had to add canvas (good work - I can't tell ), you didn't have much option in the cropping.

Exposures and whites all look spot on and no noise worth worrying about, (just a couple of dust bunnies - #1 & #3

What a great spot for Bird Photography - enjoy it (and the company)
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes both birds are down hill..I did photograph tight and left no room..Your points well made and appreciated.
      Someone I occasionally share river beds with uses full frame. Gives a lot more scope for cropping. Might try trusting the histogram and focus points (not just spot focus and +3) and taking out the D800 for birding. I know it gives a lot less noise too.

Excellent results Jo. Love them all!

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for taking the time to give your lovely comments Greg :-)

Joanne these are FAB

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

Great shots here Jo, well done!! I would be happy to have taken any one of these, the only nitpick I could make (and Alan has already mentioned) , a couple could do with a smidgen more room. The Pelican would be my favourite, the lighting is wonderful and you must have had the camera down near water level, looks great.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that feedback Ironwood. Yes was on edge of water with camera as low as possible. :-)

Marvellous work Jo. Love 'em all. I would edit out the blurry egret in the 2nd shot, but I'm a bit of a neat freak!
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      I contemplated the same thing Isac. Wasn't sure if it gave some context for was just annoying. Appreciate having your opinion too.

Awesome series Jo, very sharp and my picks would be the greenshank and heron portrait. That water in the beak in #1 is special.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you PP for your feedback. Always appreciated.

Fantastic series Jo. , agree with others that a couple are a bit tight .

Histogram is a birders best friend I reckon, that's all I look at really. Too hard to read the LCD in daylight but the histogram never lies.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what Shelley said too. :-) About the histogram...not about my bird shots!
Working...
X