No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curlews are back and a Kingfisher

Still a bit skittish but if they continue to hang around they seem to get used to people and their dogs walking within a few metres. Just wish they'd pick somewhere with a better background.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Curlew-1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	417683

There have been a pair of these sitting on top of a very tall light pole but today I was lucky to spy one close to eye level.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kingfisher.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	417684

Just the other day someone wash showing us a short video of three curlews.When they hadn't moved Jayne said "are you sure this is a video?"
    Then one of the birds moved it's wing and then it wasn't a video again.
    I like your curlew that isn't a video.

Comment

Good ones Gabby. Haven't got a shot of them yet.. Tassie hasn't got curlews... saw some on Hamilton Island when I didn't have the camera!

Comment

Good captures Gabby.

I'd be tempted to evict that little twig and run the burn tool over the branch and chest of the bird.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Well done to get so close. Yes, the B/G is a bit busy on the Curlew but nice and simple on the KF. Curlew crop is also a bit tight for me - maybe a looser crop would show how well camouflaged in it's environment it is? If you can't hide it, make a feature of it.

I bet you wish the Curlew was looking at you a bit more too - but birds seldom cooperate

Agree with Mick about the branch and KF

If you shot in RAW, it may be worthwhile to go back and adjust 'Exposure' back a tad to see if you can get some more detail in the whites and intensity/darkness in the blues?

Wish I had those birds close at hand - have fun

A
          Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thanks Mark, Greg, Mick and Alan. The curlews usually stand still - trying to imitate tree trunks and the walking path is within 3 metres of them, so I can usually get reasonably close. The kingfisher I'll have to re-edit. He looked a bit scrappy and I think he may have lice on his chest feathers. Thought I'd checked the highlights but possibly forgot.

Comment

Working...
            X