No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red-tailed Black Cockatoo

So hard to get close to these birds normally but this female flew right overhead.

Exif: s/s 1/2500 i500 f/5.6

Despite the high shutter speed still copped some motion blur from a rusty panning technique and the detail isn't as sharp as I would like but am happy just to capture an image of these beautiful birds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5845-XL.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	425966

-----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Yes, I like them too.. but we only seem to get the yellow tails here.

Comment

Great shot Mick. I'm with you, they are a fabulous bird. There's so much work being done by volunteers to keep these birds from becoming extinct. I'm happy to say that I volunteer at Kaarakin and it's an honour to do so. I am lucky enough to get up close and personal to them and have some fabulous photos of them. Thanks for sharing.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Nice one Mick, they are a welcome sight.

There are some (I assume the same type) that live on the mountain to the north of my house. A few days this week I have heard them in the trees on the other side of the creek that runs past my house, I got a few fleeting glimpses through the trees as about 10 of them came down to land in the trees, not able to get a shot this time though.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• loose cannon
          loose cannon commented
          Editing a comment
          Around here they tend to inhabit the tops of the taller trees, can't get near them at all. Black bird in a dark green tree is not a shot, really need to get them in the air I reckon.

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
        Yes, I like them too.. but we only seem to get the yellow tails here.
        Cheers Greg.

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        Great shot Mick. I'm with you, they are a fabulous bird. There's so much work being done by volunteers to keep these birds from becoming extinct. I'm happy to say that I volunteer at Kaarakin and it's an honour to do so. I am lucky enough to get up close and personal to them and have some fabulous photos of them. Thanks for sharing.
        Noticed your sig and thought you might like this one Isac.

Red-tails a plenty up here. never seen so many as in the last six months. Had some unusual weather of late, terrible wet season with almost no rain then we got thumped by heavy showers early in the dry. Since then there's a flock of a few hundred corellas cruising endlessly around Broome and Red-tails appearing in peoples backyards...unheard of.

Saw plenty in my recent trip to the Bungle Bungle, a few hundred all up. Rare to see any on the highway, maybe one or two if you see any at all.

Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that Mick - appreciated.

Good timing on the shot.
        A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Thanks Bob