No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigeon for Tea

I got this one with the Nikon P900 I had it set to 5 shot burst.
    And I got 2 lots out and it then took off.
    But where it was is where there are a lot of palm trees and this is where the Pigeons live and breed.
    So its their MacDonald's.
    Its a little confronting if you don't like seeing nature at work but its life for them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8274.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	461699
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8285.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	461700

#1 the focus looks off.
    #2 is sharp but could use an exposure lift or maybe a shadows lift.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Good stuff Arthur. Yes, the Kookas are a hunter, and it’s what they do. I have seen one take another bird in flight, and have seen them kill pretty big snakes to eat as well .
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Good stuff Arthur, circle of life in pictures. A budding David Attenborough
        # 2 for me, just needs a tad of work on the shadows.
        My Gear

Comment

Yes, #2 is definately the better shot. The angle is not the best but the subject more than makes up for it. Brightening the bird, if possible, would improve it.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

I was going to put down about the sht and the look of it but forgot to do so.
            So all point to that part I knew about.

Comment

Good work for a starter with the new camera Arthur. I agree with all above.
              I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
              "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Isac this isn't the new camera that will be the Canon Sx70HS which I'm hoping to get here before Friday as we are heading to Melbourne.
                I had not time in getting ready for these shots as I knew she would fly off real quick once I pulled up.
                So it was on burst and you have less control over whet you get.
                When you can take your time in making sure the focus is right its a big difference to these
                I will look for a few others to show what is going on.

Comment

G'day Arthur

As above - yes #2 has the slightly better sharpness - but I can't see the pigeon ... is it a juvenile? of adult? - all I can see is overgrown 'frogs legs'!!!

2) and wotz this about swapping to a CANON ??? ...Arthur me ol' mate, I thought you were after the bigger & better nikon 1000
                  Hmmmmm ... still prefer my Panny cameras though

Phil

Comment

Working...
                  X