No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nankeen Night-Heron

After some minor flooding along the River Murray and the waters subsided, these guys, along with many other varieties, came from kilometres away to feed on all the trapped smaller fish left behind (mainly carp)

I was lucky and allowed access to a 'bird hide' another photographer had set up and as long as I got there before sunrise (so they didn't see me enter) they would perch and feed just a few meters away. Once-in-a-lifetime experience.

#1. Nankeen Night-Heron (Juv)Canon EOS 7D - 1/500 sec - Aperture priority - 0.67 EV - ƒ5.66 - ISO 200 - 310 mm - Spot

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Great shot Gaz, worth getting up early for. It must have been cold up on the Murray at daybreak, saw on the news last night they were expecting heavy frosts for Northern Victoria.

Just realised it's still pitch black outside, you must have taken this photo earlier this week.
    Last edited by Grumpy John; 20-06-2019, 05:46 AM.
    My Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
      Great shot Gaz, worth getting up early for. It must have been cold up on the Murray at daybreak, saw on the news last night they were expecting heavy frosts for Northern Victoria.

Just realised it's still pitch black outside, you must have taken this photo earlier this week.
      Thanks, John.

Sorry, should've included the date
      This was taken 1st Mar 2017...far warmer than this weeks weather.

Slightly off topic; just havin' a coffee now waiting for the sun to rise (7:30 ish) and then off to chase mistletoes and wrens.

CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Mornin' Gaz. Not necessary to post dates mate, I just assumed, you know what happens when we assume.
        Your day looks far more interesting than mine. Minimum 2 hrs at the eye doctor, trip to VicRoads, the tip, Bunnings. Up since 4 unable to sleep. Bloody old age.

• Gaz
        Gaz commented
        Editing a comment
        Good greif...a full-on-day for sure. Enjoy a snag at Bunnings

Nice capture Gaz. That bird hide must be in a ripping spot.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
        Nice capture Gaz. That bird hide must be in a ripping spot.
        It was, Tod...miles from anyone and very few people knew what was happening

This is what happens when ya step out when the excitement dies down...

Comment

• Toddyh
          Toddyh commented
          Editing a comment
          That right there is something I've experienced myself.

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't know that you could insert a picture in a comment.

A few corellas in that flock, Tod.

Comment

• Toddyh
          Toddyh commented
          Editing a comment
          Thousands. They don't called it Birdsville for no reason.

• Gaz
          Gaz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha ha

Lovely image of the young Nankeen Gaz. We have them here at our lake but they are very shy and it's pot luck to even see them. They hide in all the overgrown trees. I have managed a few shots but they are of the parents.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Definitely worth the effort
          Cheers
          Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
            Lovely image of the young Nankeen Gaz. We have them here at our lake but they are very shy and it's pot luck to even see them. They hide in all the overgrown trees. I have managed a few shots but they are of the parents.
            Thanks very much, Issac.
            It was the first time I've seen them and haven't spotted any since. It was a full-on feeding & breeding frenzy.

I'll chase up some images of the adults a bit later.

Originally posted by RossW View Post
            Definitely worth the effort
            Certainly was, Ross. Thanks.

Comment

good work on this one. interesting pose where it seems be checking you out too
              Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Originally posted by avkomp View Post
                good work on this one. interesting pose where it seems be checking you out too
                Thanks very much, Stephen.

Comment

Working...
                X