No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Birds

This week at the lake, I saw a few birds and a couple I haven't seen before.

#1 - Common old Crow.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6841-Crow.jpg Views:	3 Size:	333.0 KB ID:	471631
    #2 - Swans are back!! It's the right time for some eggs so here's hoping for a few cygnets soon.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6915-Swan.jpg Views:	3 Size:	488.9 KB ID:	471632
    #3 - The Mudlark looks a bit pensive about it's chosen perch and looks poised for a quick exit if anything should drop from above.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6989-Mudlark_Pink_Grey.jpg Views:	3 Size:	397.9 KB ID:	471633
    #4 - Red Capped Parrot: Never seen one before so this is special.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6898-Red_Capped_Parrot_-(Djaryl).jpg Views:	3 Size:	396.4 KB ID:	471634
    #5 - A beautiful little Brown Honeyeater.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6830-Singing_Honeyeater.jpg Views:	3 Size:	371.5 KB ID:	471635
    #6 - Lovely colours on this Twenty Eight Parrot.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6981-Twenty_Eight_Parrot.jpg Views:	3 Size:	493.3 KB ID:	471636
    #7 - Two Mudlarks with perfect positions to spot any enemies.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7082-Mudlarks.jpg Views:	3 Size:	288.5 KB ID:	471637
    #8 - Black Faced Cuckoo Shrike. It was about 30 metres up right at the top of the pine tree.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7084-Black_Faced_Cuckoo_Shrike.jpg Views:	4 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	471638
    #9 - I haven't seen a Magpie with this pattern before so this is another special find.
    It would probably look better if I changed the black feathers to Navy Blue - a project for another time.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36647.jpg Views:	16 Size:	563.8 KB ID:	471639
    Last edited by Isac; 20-05-2020, 05:00 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

The birds on the pole look like they are on a merrygoround. The Magpie looks like a young one. I think it's a Cuckoo shrike I call back to here in NSW Never see him only wistle his call back, quite musical
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers Hans. The "Merry-go-round" is our light poles. We have underground power and they are in the centre island on a dual carriageway. You may be right with the magpie but it was pretty big for a young one. The Shrikes do have a charming and distinctive call.

Nice set Isac, but what did you do to the crow in PP, looks strange on my monitor.
    Did you drop a new sky behing him?
    My Gear

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that John. The crow was almost a silhouette so the challenge was there to get some detail in the feathers. The sky was one from the same area, different day. The original was just a light grey so very boring.

A very nice collection,great variety,but,have to agree with John,the Crow doesn`t look right.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

Just a hint guys. When you comment on an image and say "It doesn't look right" or "Looks strange", that's sort of comment is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike! It would be better to TELL ME why you think it looks weird, so I can fix it - that's what CC is all about yeah? C'mon - lets have it, I can take it
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• kevinj
        kevinj commented
        Editing a comment
        Your shot of the crow looks like a quick copy and paste job,it has a harsh outline and the colour looks faded,more grey than black.Agree with John,the branch looks totally added and definately not up to your standard,thinking of the branch you added to my redback Fairywren shot.

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Just noticed the halo around the crow.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        John, I don't know what happened to the sky - the replacement sky didn't look like that. I guess I just had a bad PS day
        Last edited by Isac; 16-05-2020, 08:02 PM.

Cheers fellas! That's better CC. I have redone the photo. In the original, the crow had no detail and was pitch black. So this time I just lightened the crow using a transparent dodge layer - great for lifting detail in dark objects, and I retained its original perch. I still think a sky fix would lift the image but maybe a grey with some soft clouds and some light peaking through.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	6841-Crow-A.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	471697
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

I think that you were always going to struggle with that shot. I actually don't mind the original image. Maybe go the other way and give it a dark foreboding sky, something goth.

Click image for larger version  Name:	91cbbd509f5cb6f197d9ea595166aa57--dark-gothic-gothic-art.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	471702
        My Gear

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice work John, very creative. Mmmm ... maybe another edit.

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Not my work, result of DuckDuck search.

Another attempt.

Name:	6841-Crow-B.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	471719
        Maybe a book cover:

Name:	6841-Crow-D.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	471718
        I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I like that.

There was a very good movie by that title.

Name:	Murder%20of%20Crows.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	471724

And another movie with crow in the title.

Name:	c861876cf9dd8d11bacbb1f0b5fb4701--the-crow-crows.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	471725

Plenty of inspiration.
        My Gear

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          You're probably aware that a group of crow is called a "murder", why I do not know! They are often referred to as the most horrible of all the birds.

number 5 looks to be a brown honey eater too
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers Stephen.
      Working...
      X