No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbourhood visitors.

#1 - Fabulous feathers on a Juvenile female Magpie. The male nape is white and the female nape is greyish/white. The females are smaller but have the loudest "singing" voice.
    Magpies can live between 25 and 30 years and can develop lifelong friendships with us humans which trusting certain people around their offspring.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9751-Magpie.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	491.7 KB
ID:	479464
    #2 - Twenty Eight on top of one of our Little Gem Magnolias. The trees are actually 5 metres tall so I would drop the "Little" from the name.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9753-Twenty_Eight_Parrot.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	479465
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Worthy of being in the collection. Beautiful birds. Well captured.

Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers Hans, appreciated. So many great birds about at the moment.

Both good Isac, but I particularly like the low angle on the magpie.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers Alan. I did get down for the maggie - well m ore of a crouch really - for obvious reasons

Thanks for sharing these images Isac. As you can imagine the Magpie is my favourite, but the 28 (also known as the Port Lincoln parrot) is pretty cool too.
    I did not know that magpies could live for up to 30 years, that means that some of the magpies that visit my park could have witnessed our last premiership .
    My Gear

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the maggies call - it's unique. I made a booboo with the parrot photo. It is a Port Lincoln (Ringneck). I wrongly assumed the parrots around here are all 28s but the 28s have a green belly and the red band over the beak and the Port Lincoln has the yellow belly. Their are 4 subspecies and they are all different. I'll have to go through and rename my parrots correctly.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      I always thought that the 28 and Port Lincoln were the same bird. We learn something new every day.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      We never stop learning John as you say.
Working...
X