No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Black Duck

They are common as mud but to me they do have a lovely demeanour and just sit beautifully in the water.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5111-Pacific_Black_Duck.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	483279
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Saw about twenty near the front dam the other day they come and go but shoot through if I stop the truck.
    Otherwise I could try for a good image like this.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Next time, take the essentials: Camera, big lens, small chair to sit on at the water's edge and most importantly, some frozen peas and corn, they love it!

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      These are WILD ducks mate! Not your suburban hand fed softies. They fly off before I get out of the LandCruiser and woulldn't return while I'm there if Walt Disney was with me offering them contracts.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      OK then, I'll just post a few now and then to remind you of what they lookm like close up

Very common Isac, but with the right light and water you can get attractive images like this. I find that they are very tame where people regularly feed them and will come right up looking for a handout. As Hans said, those away from where they are regularly fed are very skittish.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciated Alan - thanks. I sometimes feed our local ducks but not often. I remember watching a guy on his gopher riding along throwing slices of bread to the ducks, and he got a extremely nasty and upset when I followed him, picking up the bread and throwing it in a bin. I told him about the adverse affect of feeding them bread and he told me to F OFF! Lovely knowledgeable man!

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Your punishment for telling him he a dum****. lol
Working...
X