No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rufous Whistler

I have found with these if they want to be seen they will show themselves but if not they can hide really well.
    This one is a real poser and I am happy about this to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (656).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	484512

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (701).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	484513

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (1454).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	484514

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (1461).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	484515

Name:	Kelso 09-03-2022 (1468).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	484516

Wow! Great shots Ralph. What a delightful little bird. You seem to have mastered this genre. I would like to offer a tip though: If you did a bit of selective shadows lifting (or dodging) on the bird's head it would show us some lovely feather and eye detail.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
      Wow! Great shots Ralph. What a delightful little bird. You seem to have mastered this genre. I would like to offer a tip though: If you did a bit of selective shadows lifting (or dodging) on the bird's head it would show us some lovely feather and eye detail.
      Thanks and on what you have said I can only answer it with I don't have lightroom which has all that stuff.
      I do have photoshop cs6 which has a few sliders but not to that extreme and I wonder if I would know what to do if I had it.
      But I will check my laptop, as I have seen it but I am not sure if it is a sample one which has run out of it's time.
      But I will look and this is why forums are better you don' bull**** unlike that other crappy place.
      As you will never get better this when people tell you that your photo is good when it is really crap.
      A forum with tell you the truth and this is the only way to get better at this. So thanks.

Comment

Hi Ralph, I only use Photoshop for my editing, I'm not interested in Lightroom because Photoshop does all Lightroom can do as far as editing is concerned. I had CS6 for ages and it was brilliant. I don't know what stage you are at with Photoshop, but if you want help, just ask - I'm always here to assist. If you want to know how to lift the shadows, let me know.
        I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
          Hi Ralph, I only use Photoshop for my editing, I'm not interested in Lightroom because Photoshop does all Lightroom can do as far as editing is concerned. I had CS6 for ages and it was brilliant. I don't know what stage you are at with Photoshop, but if you want help, just ask - I'm always here to assist. If you want to know how to lift the shadows, let me know.
          In a nut shell with photoshop I know how to make a watermark. I worked out how to get this RAW editing thing to work on it which gives you 11 sliders but I only use the 6 main one with the clarity one to finish off. I then go by what my eye likes. As I said its is in a nut shell. I will say out front as age creeps up I have got a lot slower on the up take of information. So if you know of a handful or if you know how to get what you said to work go for it. As you are never too old to learn So I might as well say I am gunna be 64 in April but with all what is going on body wise has knocked me quite hard in retaining things. I need to do them a lot to lock them in. And photo editing is a hard one for me. I don't ever just want to be a clone of someone else as one fella on a Dedicated Sony forum tried to get me to do. So I never listened to one work that fool had to say.
          One good thing to is it is an Australian based place so I know I will understand but at time people do need to take their time with me as I at time just straight up don't understand things. Is this an excuse? no it's not this is the real me and One thing you will find is my answer are the truth as I see it or think it is.
          But I have picked up more being back here for a few days over a wasted maybe 2 years on the local discracebook page.

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Ralph. I can do up a small tutorial for you to adjust the shadows in CS6 and I'll post it when finished. I'll try and make it easy to follow so you can do it one step at a time. Cheers, Greg

G'day Arthur

I am most impressed with these images ... beaut focus on the eye in every pic - and that's better than I can manage most times
          That lens you have 'tamed' is certainly giving you super results ... let's see more as the weeks go on

Phil

Comment

I agree %100 with what Phil said, also, as Isac suggested a slight lifting of the shadows would put these images in a whole new level.
            I assume that you are using the Sigma 100-400 here, I have the Siggy 150-600 and love it. As a matter of fact most of my lenses are Sigma, great value for money. I'm hoping that the start making lenses for the R series Canon's soon.
            Last edited by Grumpy John; 12-03-2022, 10:15 AM.
            My Gear

Comment

Agree with the above also enjoyed the fruits of your labour. I don't recall seeing one of these birds before but I probably havn't looked hard enough. Particularly thought #1 was a very striking image.
              Better a full bottle in front of me
              than a full frontal lobotomy.
              Hans

Comment

Hi Ralph. I have made up a quick tutorial for shadows adjustments HERE.
                I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
                  G'day Arthur

I am most impressed with these images ... beaut focus on the eye in every pic - and that's better than I can manage most times
                  That lens you have 'tamed' is certainly giving you super results ... let's see more as the weeks go on

Phil
                  I am here to stay and I will be posting when I can. I took my wife out to Hattah reserve today so she could see water in the lakes with her own eyes.
                  I do enjoy the 100/400mm Sigma lens and I think it is a good one. But since I have moved to the Sony A7iii I think I have improved quite a lot if I am allowed to say this of myself.
                  But I would like to get the Sigma Sports 200/600mm lens for the extra reach.
                  Today I got some shots which I will post later and thank you for the vote of confidence as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
                    I agree %100 with what Phil said, also, as Isac suggested a slight lifting of the shadows would put these images in a whole new level.
                    I assume that you are using the Sigma 100-400 here, I have the Siggy 150-600 and love it. As a matter of fact most of my lenses are Sigma, great value for money. I'm hoping that the start making lenses for the R series Canon's soon.
                    If anyone think they know it all about this hobby they should put the camera down get a hammer and smash it. As if you think you know it all you are the biggest joker out there.
                    If the knowledge was a ruler standing on the edge I would say What I know would be about a papers width. There is more to this than just pushing the button. Like I do remember taking photo's with trees growing out the top of a horses head and thing's like this.
                    When I go out with my old mate I try to duplicate what he does as he knows more than I do..
                    But today while out with the wife I think I might have convinced her that the longer reach in the lens, well I hope.
                    But I have a lot to learn in all area's and I am the 1st one to put up my hand to this.

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
                      Agree with the above also enjoyed the fruits of your labour. I don't recall seeing one of these birds before but I probably havn't looked hard enough. Particularly thought #1 was a very striking image.
                      Thanks again Hans. I will say what I am getting now is down a lot to the camera I am using and watching Youtube thing. But in that the same thing has thrown me a few times ans stuffed up my photo's so bad that I have deleted the days outs shots. Maybe one or 2 worked but not worth keep them.
                      So really it has been listen to this one and than one and pick what I like and use it. The local bird mob offer up no information on if you are doing good or bad. So then it come back down to your gut feeling's one if you are doing okay.

Comment

• HansE
                        HansE commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I imagine that a bird nut would be looking at an image differently to that of a camera nut. I enjoy having comments made on my images and would be a bit strange if I said I liked the negative comments as well as the positive ones but I do appreciate them and quite often they will show up something you were blind to as you were dazzled by your own brilliance.

• Isac
                        Isac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If we all sat back and only said what the tog wanted to hear then things would not progress very far at all. I prefer 100% critque - it's good to learn from.
                    Working...
                    X