No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Cockatoo

On the local bird group outing we came across at first 2 of them and late a flock flew over head. 19-07-22
    And over the border in Dareton NSW.

1 Female Pink Cockatoo
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Group Outing 19-07-2022 (208).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	488028
    2 this shot brings a smile to my face when I look at it

Name:	Group Outing 19-07-2022 (222).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	488029
    3 with the crest up at the hollow

Name:	Group Outing 19-07-2022 (485).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	488030
    4 Pair at the entrance of the hollow the female is the one at the back

Name:	Group Outing 19-07-2022 (742).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	488031
    5 the flock flying over head.

Name:	Group Outing 19-07-2022 (998).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	488032

For me #4 is the stand-out here Ralph. Excellent shot.o
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that but I am a sucker for number 2 but it is good to not liking the same as it show we all like different things. Which to me is important.

Beautiful looking birds Ralph. #3 and #4 are standouts. We call them "Major Mitchell's cockatoo" and I think that's their official name. I had photo I took of one featured in a calendar a few years back. They have wonderful colours on display when their crest is up.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      We call them The Pink Cockatoo as who they were named after was a real prick towards the Aboriginals he ran into. And I think there is a push to change their name to the Pink one as this Mitchell just wasn't a nice bloke. And for me these will forever be called this even if it isn't the correct name. Making it my way of protest I think. But all this said they are a great bird to actually see, which we heard well before seeing them. The one with the crest up just wasn't in the best position. But if you get the chance to get them follow them and when they land their crest comes up and then you have a shot that people travel the world to get.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasn't there to see what type of man Mitchell was and I don't believe a lot of stories from that far back. I think there was a lot of terrible things carried out by all races back then, so all we can do is improve, learn from it, move on and treat everyone fairly I guess.
Working...
X