No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Crested Grebes

On of the local reservoirs is great for these birds. It is one of the few spots we have where you can get low to the water. As the venue is quite busy, the birds are relaxed and come quite close at times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14021951-944D-4124-8DA3-10FC099B32BA.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	490123 Click image for larger version

Name:	FD50E1D6-6185-4BB0-9B46-091E8FE64B56.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	490122 Click image for larger version

Name:	67E33CF3-02C8-4CDF-840D-A25464BCD814.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	490121 Click image for larger version

Name:	8F2C2FE8-5F29-4D98-B5F7-9124F0A27F65.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	490120 Click image for larger version

Name:	D8071E68-F860-4FCA-A5BC-76725AAAFD11.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	490119
    Always feel free to rip apart any image of mine I post.

They are stunning images Phill, the backgrounds are blurred just the right amount for the birds to stand out.
    My Gear

Comment

Beautiful images Phill. Excellent colour and detail and the low viewpoint makes a big difference. All are excellent but the first and fourth images stand out for me. I also have problems getting down low at most of the sites I frequent; either steep banks or plants blocking the view force me higher.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have much of a problem getting down low........ it's the getting back up again that is the problem. Time for new knees

• Phill104
      Phill104 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Beautiful shots. Really like that pose in the 3rd image.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Phill104
      Phill104 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you David

Lovely presentation Phill. I don't see these at our local lake but I know others have seen then at another larger lake about 20 kms away.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Phill104
      Phill104 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
    They are stunning images Phill, the backgrounds are blurred just the right amount for the birds to stand out.
    Thanks. As for the back I hear a lot of togs creaking as the try to get up.

Comment

More great shots Phil. I wonder if any get to Rutland water, I live about a mile from there but never seem to find the time to visit. #1 & #4 are super captures but I really like #3 for the unusual pose.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfandBen View Post
        More great shots Phil. I wonder if any get to Rutland water, I live about a mile from there but never seem to find the time to visit. #1 & #4 are super captures but I really like #3 for the unusual pose.
        Thank you.

There are plenty at Rutland but you tend to either see them at a distance or in the calmer inlets. By the sailing club can be good. There used to be a pair by the church but I have not visited this year. Last time I did either Graham or Rutland was for rare species like the Cape Gull.

If you are near Rutland then the lakes near market deeping are much easier for grebes such as tallington lakes.

Comment

good work on these. particularly like the 3rd image. low angles working well for you too
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Phill104
            Phill104 commented
            Editing a comment
            Many thanks, only problem at this particular venue is when you want to get down low you have to carefully check for goose or dog poo first. Not made the mistake yer but I have seen at least two other people fully in the brown stuff.

Very nice!
          I got quite a few shots of crested grebes while on the broads over the summer, but none of mine are as great as these. I guess mine must have been lesser crested grebes (despite plumage),,,
          Compulsive photographic dabbler.

Comment

• Phill104
            Phill104 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Glad you found a whole new species lol.

• petrochemist
            petrochemist commented
            Editing a comment
            A new species? - That makes it even more depressing I didn't get a decent record of them...

Awesome...:-)

Comment

• Phill104
            Phill104 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.
        Working...
        X