No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scarlet robin male

for a while I was seeing a few scarlet robins around, then just like that they vanished
    they got a bit used to me watching them too and were happy to let me be closeish, so long as you didnt move. this maple tree is near the house hear and down a slight hill so they were
    sometimes about head height. not in the clear very often but sometimes were. got lots of pix of them when around. seemed to be hunting stuff out of the garden. one time I saw one with what looked like a mealworm and you see magpies getting what look like those lawn grubs. d5 600f4 tc17 (1000mm) 1/2500 f8 iso 1600 about 70 percent of frame. 2 parallel running twigs removed. one either side of the bird. light a bit flat on this one

Click image for larger version  Name:	scarlet robin 7783.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	490683
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

G'day Stephen

Another excellent image from you ... and the exif shows us the real benefits from a "real beaut camera + lens combo"

Phil

Comment

I agree about the camera and lens combo for sure. the 600 has superb sharpness and focusses lightning fast. d5 Body has amazing IQ and also amazing high iso performance. the killer with it though is that it is louder than some other bodies I have, not so much a problem unless you trying to get pix of small birds up close, where you will often cause them to jump or fly off.

Comment

Lovely capture Stephen. Striking colours on that tiny bird. You think for all that money Nikon would have a silent shutter setting. I have that on my cheap 7Dii and it works well, you can hardly hear the shutter when it's turned on.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

It does have quiet mode and live view too but I want frame rate .

Comment

Great clarity and detail. As already said that combination certainly delivers.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need frame rate for (relatively) static birds?

Comment

In case of sudden action. Sudden eye close etc. They look somewhat static, but quite twitchy. Frame rate helps. Mainly look to double tap static shots. eye issues can wreck pix. Slight movement in lower light etc. a perched bird could be a flying bird in short order too. in flight work, more frames can make a big difference in wing position too. you might get a wing across the face and that is it, but if you take a burst, you gonna get wing up, wing across the face, wing down. so you get best chance of a good shot.

Comment

I love the feather details on the chest

Comment

Working...
                X