All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    We are all different I guess and use whatever we need to get the job done. I'm sure you're very happy with CO so that's great. I never use Lightroom so most of my work is done with PS. I'm used to it now and can do most things pretty quickly. I do a lot of posters, ads and flyers too, and I love the power and flexibility that PS has for creating brilliant text effects for that type of design. I've been using PS since 1992 so I can't see me changing any time soon. I designed the promotional posters (super large) for a very popular UK artist named Simon Goodall, who performs Cliff Richard concerts so that was a "feather in my cap" moment. I do black and white colourisations as well which PS is brilliant for.
    All to see on my website: www.isacimages.com

• David_MC
    commented on 's reply
    I buy the perpetual license for Capture One. It does everything that I used Lightroom for and most of what I used Photoshop for. I find the performance a little better than with LR and I like Capture One's sharpening and noise reduction tools a bit better.

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks David. I was 50/50 on that branch and decided to remove it because it looked as though it was coming from the birds back, but I know exactly what you mean. Easy to pop back in, I used masks in Photoshop. Is CO better than PS? it looks more expensive for subscription software.

• David_MC
    commented on 's reply
    That looks pretty good. Personally would have kept the main branch the bird is sitting on. Still need to practice with the healing mask in Capture One.

• Isac
    replied
    Something like this? Cleaned up branches, curves adjustment with luminosity mask on the darks and a crop.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	52363071592_fdf75974dd_b_GB.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	491632

Leave a comment:

• David_MC
    replied
    Originally posted by Isac View Post
    Well captured David. Colours of the bird look good too. Did you consider a clean up of the messy branches?
    Originally posted by avkomp View Post
    nice image. I 2nd ISACs comments re distractions
    Originally posted by dolina View Post
    I like the image. I agree with Stephen and Greg
    I attempted a clean up of the branches but couldn't get it to look right. I did however, tighten the crop to remove the grasses from the right hand side of the image and made a few more adjustments.

613A4315_1_1 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• dolina
    replied
    I like the image. I agree with Stephen and Greg

Leave a comment:

• avkomp
    replied
    nice image. I 2nd ISACs comments re distractions

Leave a comment:

• Isac
    replied
    Well captured David. Colours of the bird look good too. Did you consider a clean up of the messy branches?

Leave a comment:

• David_MC
    started a topic Female Northern Cardinal

Female Northern Cardinal

Didn't seem too concerned with my presence.
    613A4315_1_1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
Working...
X