No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few common birds from the park

I prefer birds on a perch to birds on the ground but the these two didn't cooperate.

1. Crested Pigeon
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0272.jpg Views:	14 Size:	280.0 KB ID:	491345

2. Magpie-lark. An odd common name as it has nothing to do with either Magpies or Larks
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0189.jpg Views:	13 Size:	291.4 KB ID:	491343

I've been seeing more domestic geese at this park over recent months and now they have been breeding, making them even more aggressive than before.

3. Goose family. Actually both families are here and not exactly on friendly terms.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0284.jpg Views:	17 Size:	332.8 KB ID:	491342

4. Gosling
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0076-Edit.jpg Views:	15 Size:	272.0 KB ID:	491344
    Last edited by wigz; 19-09-2022, 10:15 AM.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Pretty good for "on the ground" shots Alan. You can't beat a family session which includes the bubs. They do grow up pretty quick though, so at this size they are always special shots.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. I’d actually be pleased if the geese weren’t there.

Alan I love the images. Does your camera have an articulating screen?

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. No, just a fixed screen.

Nice job on these and to think that you were not happy where these were. I truly can't work out why as they all are good shot and I know I would be happy to have my name on them.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralph. There's nothing wrong with them, I just prefer most birds on perches - not sure why. These are technically well exposed and in focus, but common birds with nothing special about the light, surroundings or action.

I think I'm always looking for that special shot.

Excellent shots! Sometimes you take what you can get.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. You certainly do.

did well with these. the low angles always help.
    well done
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stephen
Working...
X