No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Blue Heron

First really cool morning of the season (About 8C) made for an enjoyable outing looking for wildlife at a nearby wildlife refuge (Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge). The first bird I got was this Great Blue Heron that was sitting on some branches overlooking the boat launch channel. Didn't seem to care about my presence at all so I was able to nab a few shots. This one was probably my favorite of the set.

613A4339 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

G'day David

Looks pretty good to my eyes !

Phil

Comment

Great shot. Lots of detail in those feathers. Is that a wound on it's shoulder?

Comment

• David_MC
        David_MC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I think it's just some brown feathers that they have in that area.

Lovely to be able to see these birds. Captured well, good colours and lovely detail. For me, it's a bit tight in the frame, so adding a bit more space in front, using the rule of thirds with its eye may give it a lift. A little more space at the bottom too.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I can see why this is your favourite. good details and light. sometimes there are places where birds and animals used to us and that helps big time.
        good work.
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

As others have said, great details and light. Very well done.

Comment

Great colour and detail in this with good background separation.
            Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Nice shot and well taken and I know I would be very happy to have my name as the taker of it.
              So this is a great job done by you.

Comment

Working...
              X