No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to old post of a Darter swallowing a fish

After posting the shot of the Darter with a fish the other day, I looked up the previous series I had taken nine years ago. I thought it might be of interest to people here

Here is an image from that series that I haven't posted before:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tygum_20130316_0110.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	491848

Rather than re-post the previous images, here is a link to the original post of the series.
    It's quite surprising how much their neck can stretch.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Brilliant set from years back Alan. I remember the images well. Not much changes in the animal kingdom - unlike we humans.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac.

I am yet to get an image of this happening in the wetland over the road.
    I would think that maybe one day but knowing me I would walk away or turn my back and then it would happen.
    So if it happens it does.
    But well done on being there at the right time and being aware to have your camera ready to go.

Comment

The darters I'm used to are Dragonflies, I didn't think it could be one of them with a fish!
      Great image
      Compulsive photographic dabbler.

Comment

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I believe some dragonfly nymphs can catch small fish.

• petrochemist
        petrochemist commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes they certainly do, it was something I thought of as a posibility before viewing your photo. However most of us wouldn't stand a chance of identifying the sub species of a dragonfly nymph & I can't imagine they'd be easy to photograph either. So I wasn't to surprised to find a bird instead.

That and the initial series are great shots, but how did it get it of its beak without losing it?

Comment

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks From what I’ve seen, it often does take them a while to get the fish off.
    Working...
    X