No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willy wagtail in full voice

yesterday afternoon I was out looking for some pardalotes that had nested in an area last year. heard and saw squat. so then there was a wombat out in afternoon light and I took cover as he was coming my way. next minute he was running away cos the pet lamb we raised had followed me and running up the track at a rate of knots.
    saw a fox too but he saw me first and took off.
    as a consolation prize I saw this willy singing up a storm. was everywhere but where you may want him but eventually landed somewhere that offered a pic. by that stage light got bright again.
    but it was him or nothing for the birds. d5 600f4 tc17 (1000mm) 1/1250 f8 iso 1600 about 80% of frame
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wagtaill 7898.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	491873
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Nice work on the Willie - always good to get a little bit of behaviour. The background isn't quite as creamy as usual - not bad or distracting though. The only wildlife other than birds I see around here are water dragons and the occasional hare. Used to see Koalas years ago but seem much rarer now.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Lovely photo..:-))

Comment

I know that song it's singing - "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep". Lovely capture, well timed.

I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I think I am weird as when I go out birding if I don't get a shot of one of these I feel as I have not filled my day out completely.
          I just love to get a shot or 2 of them. I remember one day I was walking along and was greeted by one of them and then it turned to attack.
          Little did I realize take to my left about 3 foot off the ground in a dead tree by me was the nest. Then I knew why it all went like this.
          So without a doubt I like the shot.

Comment

I think the more attention you are getting, the closer to the nest is. Last year in this spot, maybe the same bird was giving us attention. Was really keen near one tree in particular so an inspection showed the nest and we retreated. I had an angle on the nest too with the 600 so got a few pix without disturbing them. Not found this year.
            not found many nests so far.
            only a magpie and too high with no shot.
            We will keep looking.
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
            X