No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straw-neck Ibis

While waiting for the Osprey to move I watched these Straw-neck Ibis's moving from one place to the other.
    There were also Pelican and the White Ibis from time to time but it was like a never ending flow of them catching the thermals.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Osprey Again 2-10-2022 (775).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	492573

G'day Ralph

You are similar to me here -- I love getting the long lens out and trying to capture the seemingly impossible. The birds are way-up-high and they just float around effortlessly, coming in and out of the frame as they circle

Phil

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Phil, I was at this place for about an hour or so and from what I was told that there is a rookery close to here on a island. So this is where I think many of them were coming and going from. But it this time there was a constant flow of these catching the thermals. A 600mm lens would of been better but you can only use what you have.

Interesting shot Ralph. Looks like there were a lot of birds flying around.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Nice shot of the formation.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks David-MC at times there were birds in so many levels that you just didn't know where to point.

Something different from you Ralph. Well done. Is that CA I see on the birds?
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        I am getting old and these cut down words to letters have me scratching my head.
        So the CA is something I have no idea what you mean.

• avkomp
        avkomp commented
        Editing a comment
        he is talking about chromatic abherration.
        I see what he means but wondering if the subjects were dark and you lifted in post. adds a kind of glow around subjects

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        I am a simple person and even that means bugger all to me.
        I did add a little bit of shadow and I think clarity but not too much as the rest is over my head.
        If I don't know what it means I don't do it.
        I hope this helps.
    Working...
    X