No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Not so) Red-winged Blackbirds

Some wildlife photography at Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge this morning. There were quite a few Red-shouldered Hawks and Bald Eagles about but they were not being cooperative photo subjects. The Red-wing Blackbirds were plentiful, at least the females were. The males with their black bodies and bright red/orange patches on their wings weren't anywhere to be seen.

613A4997 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

613A5011 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Such lovely little birds David. Well detailed and good colours on the lady of the house. I think removing the reed from above the head in #1 would be my only CC. TFS.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

G'day David

A beaut pair of images -- I don't know how you can manage to get such beaut pix along with a sparkle in the eye !
      I 2nd Isac's thoughts about #1

Phil

Comment

• David_MC
        David_MC commented
        Editing a comment
        Always try for the catch light in the eye if I can.

Not something we see over here. Nice sharp shots with good detail and focus on the eye. I also agree removing the reed above it's head in #1 would improve it but, as there is separation it's not too big a deal.

Comment

Great shots David and great natural colour as well!

Comment

Good light, detail, colour and pose. The background colour complements the bird nicely.

I prefer #2 as there are no stems across the body giving a cleaner image of the bird.. I think the shadow across the bird in #1 bothers me more than the reed above it.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

2 sharp shots. 1st let down with stick and shadow. 2nd is on the money, think it would be worth cloning the stick coming out from the birds back and that would lift the shot further. good work
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
            X