No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Species of Sparrow

Went out this morning with my 7D Mark II, EF100-400mm II, and a 1.4x III teleconverter that I bought as I'm getting ready to make an upgrade to a R6 Mark II in the next few months. The TC helped frame the shots a little tighter, but the AF performance did suffer a bit in terms of consistency and the fact that only the center point on the 7D Mark II is capable of focusing at f/8 with the 100-400 with the TC attached.

I was hoping to try to get some shots of some of the small Plovers that frequent the beaches at Cape Henlopen State Park, but they were elusive this morning. Instead I found an area that someone had thrown down some seed that was attracting two difference Sparrow species.

Song Sparrow
    1)
    613A5285 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2)
    613A5315 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Dark-eyed Junco
    3)
    613A5340 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

4)
    613A5360 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

5)
    613A5347 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

6) Lift-off
    613A5341 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Nice captures. Intrigued with the last shot as the wings look folded but he hasn't landed yet.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• avkomp
      avkomp commented
      Editing a comment
      I encounter this a bit, with twitchy little birds. I think it has jumped a bit. I get them often doing similar when I take a shot cos my shutter is relatively loud.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      The mirror smashing upwards. Dont miss that at all.

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      If I recall, right after that jump he/she flew down to where the food was.

a couple of nice birds captured well here. decent light in all also. first bird has a few distractions but none in 2nd. well done
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Lovely set of small birds. These little fellas do hop around a lot...:-)

Comment

Nice and sharp and with good colour and poses. I prefer the cleaner background for the second bird,
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Nice series.

Comment

All lovely David. That combo seems to work well for you. Grumpy John has the R6 so he may be able to give you some tips.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
            Grumpy John commented
            Editing a comment
            If you want to stick to the APS-C sensor size and not go full frame I would be getting the R7.
            I'm still very happy with my 7DII and Siggy 150-600 combo for wildlife. The R6 is mainly for landscape and non nature photography.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Not for me John, not in my reach budget wise and I've not used the camera since before Christmas. I'd get a new guitar for that sort of money. Like this one: https://www.theguitarshop.com.au/col...e-in-hard-case

• David_MC
            David_MC commented
            Editing a comment
            John, I'd considered the R7 as an upgrade but decided on the R6 Mark II for a couple of reasons. I wanted better low-light performance since I shoot in dark woodland environments a lot. The R6 Mark II AF systems seems more capable the the R7's from what I've seen. I'm not a huge fan of the relativly low-res EVF on it, Canon should have put a better one in there at that price point. Canon has never really supported their APS-C offerings with anything more than consumer grade lenses. The SLR's had a few good enthusiast lens options in the EF-S 10-22, 15-85, and 17-55 but that was it. Honestly, if I was sticking with the APS-C format, I would've gone to Fujifilm.
        Working...
        X