No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Pidgeons

I was hoping the Kites would be about this evening but there were only Pidgeons feeding on the new Ash tree growth. Another long shot and heavy crop.

Seems a bit brighter on the forum than it did in Faststone editor.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pidgeons.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	499347

Bit of a different shot, I like it. If Faststone showed it darker, perhaps your monitor may need some tweaking? What monitor do you have?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

It is a bit bright. What did the histogram look like?
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Nice shot with the two birds facing each other, but a pity that the left bird is slightly obscured. I agree it looks a little bright on my screen.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
          Bit of a different shot, I like it. If Faststone showed it darker, perhaps your monitor may need some tweaking? What monitor do you have?
          Thanks Isac. I have a very old Dell monitor but would have expected it to look the same whether in Faststone or the forum.

Originally posted by David_MC View Post
          It is a bit bright. What did the histogram look like?
          Originally posted by wigz View Post
          Nice shot with the two birds facing each other, but a pity that the left bird is slightly obscured. I agree it looks a little bright on my screen.
          Thanks both. Picking up on David's point about the histogram It was somewhat shifted to the right and going through the EXIF and it appears I had somehow added +1 exposure compensation.
          I still don't really understand why on the same monitor the brightness should look different in the editor to the forum. Of course it could always be my eyesight

Comment

It's always hard to pin point an issue like this. Can you post up a screen shot of a side-by-side to show us the difference?
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Hi Isac, sorry for not replying sooner (couldn't get onto the forum for most of yesterday) but the more I look at this the less different it seems.
              The pink of the pigeons breast just seems a bit less red than on the original but I am now thinking it's more likely my eyes need calibrating than the screen

Comment

• Isac
                Isac commented
                Editing a comment
                I think there's a few of here with the same issue
            Working...
            X