No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This morning's birds

I managed to get out this morning for the first time in over a week. Not many birds to be found and a small puddle is all that remains of the main lake at Eagleby. A deeper lake still has water but thick vegetation prevents access to most of the shore.

1. Superb Fairy-wren. Removed many twigs around the bird but luckily none were in front of it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230328_EaglebyWetlands_0007-Edit.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	499387

2. Golden-headed Cisticola

Name:	20230328_EaglebyWetlands_0030-Edit.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	499384

3. White-faced Heron checking out the remaining puddle

Name:	20230328_EaglebyWetlands_0067.jpg
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	499386

4. White-faced Heron. It found something to eat although it is too small to show up in this shot.

Name:	20230328_EaglebyWetlands_0068.jpg
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	499385

Alan W

My Gallery

Another great series. Lovely colours and details. This camera / lens combination does a great job of separating the subject from the background and the lack of noise is very impressive.

Is that a ring on the leg of the Heron in #3 or just the edge of the joint?

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks AlfandBen. I don't think it's a ring although I can't be sure. I only have a couple of shots with the foot out of the water and the other is covered in mud.

Excellent shots.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David

Great work again Alan. Shame about losing the water. It'll come back so all will be back to normal soon - I'm sure. Ours still looks like a golf green and not a bird in sight.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. The main problem is that lots of plants grow in the dry bed and when it does fill again, we don't have clear water for a year or two. At least I have other spots I can go to that aren't dry.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      We do have smaller lakes which are kept full by the City but my dog doesn't want to visit those areas very often, so it's a joy when he does venture away from his normal trek.
Working...
X