No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn Swallows

Hole colony of these guys nest underneath the a walking bridge at Killens Pond and frequently fly out from underneath to catch food and gather nesting material. Tried my hand at capturing them flying around which is a challenge given their small size, dark colors, and erratic flight paths. Managed a few decent ones.

1)
    DSCF0570 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2)
    DSCF0585 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

3)
    DSCF0589 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

4)
    DSCF0591 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

5)
    DSCF0592 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Not too shabby sir. They are a very challenging subject, especially over water.
    Always feel free to rip apart any image of mine I post.

Comment

Well done David. I've tried a number of times and never had any success at all.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Very good detail considering how fast these Birds fly so well done.
        A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Great results David. Proud of you for getting these super fast little birds. The new camera and lens is a real plus along with your skills. They look the same as our Australian Welcome Swallows. I'm lucky enough to have captured a few on the wing and it's quite a buzz to get some good captures. Congratulations.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• David_MC
            David_MC commented
            Editing a comment
            The subject detection and tracking was working pretty well. I would've never attempted to rely on tracking AF with the 7D Mark II.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought my 7D did a great job with my swallow shots Subject detection would have been a bonus I guess.

Excellent series. Like Alan I've tried many times but never come close.

Comment

Working...
        X