No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last bits and pieces from Friday's session

Some of these are not of the best quality but indicate the variety of birds at the Sandy Camp Road Wetlands Reserve. There are many other species there that others photograph but I don't even see.

1. Tawny Grassbird. Not as clean as the previous shot but I like that it is calling.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230901_SandyCampRd_0212.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	503753

2. Female Rufous Whistler. Looks like nest building is in progress

Name:	20230901_SandyCampRd_0114-Edit.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	503750

3. Comb-crested Jacana. I have too many photos of these but I can't resist them.

Name:	20230901_SandyCampRd_0082.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	503751

4. On the Osprey pole. Too high for a decent photo but although I waited for a while they didn't fly off for a clearer shot.

Name:	20230901_SandyCampRd_0273.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	503752

5. Varied Triller. Not a good photo but this is only the second shot I have of these. It was a long way away and in and out of the foliage but I couldn't identify it. I waited around for a while to get a shot so I could look it up at home. This was the best I could do but was enough for an id.

Name:	20230901_SandyCampRd_0245.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	503749

Alan W

My Gallery

#1 is my pick. #3 the bird with the party hat seems more interesting You can see why evolution would create the path to longer legs but what would the growth on the forehead be for?
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans. Some of these features are believed sexual selection so don't necessarily make sense to us. In fact bright colours may make individuals more susceptible to predators, but more attractive to mates. No idea if this explanation is correct or not.

Nice shots. My favorites are numbers 1 and 3 as well.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David

Great variety of birds in that area Alan and all well photographed in their own little patch. A lot more than I see here but our little lake is right in the centre of suburbia so the limited variety is understandable I guess. Lovely detail in all of these shots and those colours are super.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. This reserve is surrounded by warehouses, a large school and suburbia but is fairly large with plenty of scrub and grass areas as well as a number of ponds.
Working...
X