No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satin Bowerbird

I re-visited Moss's well at Spicers Gap where, several years ago, I'd seen many species of birds coming down to bathe and drink. I thought the hot dry weather we've been having would mean plenty of birds visiting it, but I did not see a single bird at the well, despite being there at the same time of year and time of day.

The well is a natural spring that has been lined at the top with a concrete ring about 1m in diameter. It was full to the brim so perhaps the area has had some recent storms that provided other watering spots.

Plenty of bird calls but thick forest did not make photos possible. I did mange to get these two very ordinary photos of a Satin Bowerbird.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231024_Spicers_Gap_0012-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	505291

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231024_Spicers_Gap_0014-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	505292
    Alan W

My Gallery

Hi Alan

They might be 'ordinary' images to you, but for me as a non-birdie sort of fella, they are always of interest
    eg: #1 ... just look at those claws and the way they hold onto the twig !

Phil

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil, but they are both poor quality. High angle and the colour isn't quite right.

Excellent shots Alan.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. They look ok at this size but really not good quality.

Good that you got at least one bird to photograph Alan. As you say the IQ looks OK here so that's all that matters I guess. I don't really concern myself about the angle because that's where most birs perch - so they can look down on us mortals who can't fly
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac
Working...
X