No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have water

After all of our storms and rain, I went down to have a look at Eagleby Wetlands during a break in the weather yesterday. There is plenty of water there but you can't see most of it because of the 2m high herbiage that has grown up.

I was expecting lots of mosquitoes so applied some repellent before I left but I mustn't have used enough because plenty of them found the bits I'd missed.

There wasn't much bird life around but I took a few very run-of-the-mill shots. It also started to rain again but didn't come to much but the light was poor.

1. Female Fairy-wren (Red-backed I think). A bit too far away for a decent shot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240117_Eagleby_Wetlands_0011.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	506522

2. The male didn't cooperate and wouldn't show his face

Name:	20240117_Eagleby_Wetlands_0001-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	506525

3. Royal Spoonbill

Name:	20240117_Eagleby_Wetlands_0014.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	506526

4. Another shot

Name:	20240117_Eagleby_Wetlands_0015.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	506524

5. Dusky Moorhen

Name:	20240117_Eagleby_Wetlands_0019.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	506523

Alan W

My Gallery

Nice shots. The first one could probably be improved by cloning out the grass going through the head. That last one is really good however.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback David. I didn't put much effort into the first as it is really to far away and I have better shots of them.

What anenjoyable walk that must have been despite the mozzies. like them all particularly #1 like the diagonals as background with the bird not competeing but adding to the image,
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans. It was good to see the lakes with water again. I'll try to get back, with more repellant, when the weather clears.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Look forward to seeing more Alan. Note to self-Check input before posting!

Lovely set. Agree that the grass coming out of Robin's nose could be sorted. Excellent Spoonbill, and Moorhen..

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mark

Good pics for the conditions you had to endure Alan. Sometimes birds just don't want to pose for you but inb saying that, some have great colours and patterns on their backs.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac, definitely not my best day.
Working...
X