Clear All

• Sexy eyes or what....:)

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1261811-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit (Custom).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	506640

Snowy Owl with eyes to die for...

Wonderful detail and those eyes really stand out against the white feathers. Sexy? Perhaps for another owl.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Those eyes are very intense. Nice shot Mark.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Superb shot Mark! The "Eyes" have it. Nice little catrchlight in its left eye. Well done.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I go along with Alan. Frighten the life out of you if you woke up and found them staring at you. lol
          Like the picture though.
          Better a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy.
          Hans

Comment

Thanks all for the comments. A captive bird, but they do fly them every day.

The only trick here was to get rid of the netting in front of the bird. If you look closely, you can just see it on the white feathers....

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Mark, you did well with the netting. After a second look it is noticable but I also notice a blue colour cast on the white feathers. A simple colour correction removed the cast and also helped the netting issue. I do recall you having Photoshop, so if you want a couple of great actions I wrote for colour correction, let me know and I'll link you to them so you can have a play. Completely non destructive and worth a look.

• MJ224
              MJ224 commented
              Editing a comment
              My technique for the netting, using Lightroom (latest version) was to separate the background, then bleach it (increase exposure). But the vital action was to get as close to the netting as possible, and hope the camera focuses through it. Any suggestions on how to remove the visible netting from the bird's face...

You are right, there is a blue cast, I did not notice that! I am an incompetent user of PS, I know what I need to know. But I have used actions before, so would appreciate help here.

Thanks Greg..

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              If you send the original I'll be able to see the netting and maybe suggest a fix. There are a few different techniques. info@isacimages.com
              If you want the actions for colour correction they are included with the ENHANCEMENTS actions:
              https://www.isacimages.com/Photoshop-Actions.html

One is Blur Average and the other is Curves AUTO. For the Curves Auto, you will need to first set your Curves "AUTO" defaults. On A new Curves Adjustment layer, hold ALT and click the AUTO button and set: Find Dark & Light Colors, Snap Neutral Midtones, Clips- both 0.10 and check Save as defaults, then click OK. When you run the Curves Auto action it will set it to those defaults.

Name:	P1261825-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit-Edit (Custom).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	506657

A Red Kite from the same centre...

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              What a beautiful bird and a magnificent portrait - I lover it. Excellent work Mark!

Name:	P1261815-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit-Edit-2 (Custom).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	506664

Here is another birdie portrait. Again I have bleached out the background and added a sky from PS.

I also used PS to reduce the netting on the Eagle's face.

I think if the photo was not on a photo forum, I might have gotten away with it, but as all have eagle (sic) eyes here, I 'm not fooling anyone. Nice trying though...

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Another great shot Mark. I don't mind a sky replacement if it helps to enhance the image and like you say, it's good fun playing around. It looks like some of the blue sky has leaked onto the bird, especially on the beak, but that may just be the colours that are actually on the beak.

Name:	Eagle (Custom).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	506679

This is the Jpeg version of the original (resized). So yes, the colour has leaked a bit, a bit odd as PS usually does an excellent job...

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mark. The content aware fill would be my method with a little cloning for the stubborn parts.
          Working...
          X