No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Birds at Prime Hook

Had a bit of an unexpected day off of work thanks to a power outage so I took the opportunity to get some wildlife photography in at Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge. Managed a few of the water birds but not much else was being cooperative.

1) Pair of Mallard Ducks
    DSCF4415 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2) Greater Yellowlegs
    DSCF4438 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

3)
    DSCF4475 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Nice shots, well composed. Great colours and feather details on the Mallards.

Comment

A successful trip David. Donald and Daisy appear to be an item and have been captured looking at their best. The little wader looks as if it was happy with you taking its picture.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Marvelous images David. The Mallards are just about everywhere on the planet and they are exactly as I see them here. The male of course is far more dapper then the plain ol' female.
        The Yellowlegs have been well captured photographically and shows perfect colours and detail. Not seen in Australia so TFS.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Nice shots David. Good to get the pair of Mallards together. I'm more interested in the Yellowlegs as we don't see them here, as Isac said, while the Mallards are quite common.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Nice set. As Isac says, Mallards are everywhere. Very successful breed.

Your Yellow Legs looks a bit like one of the Sandpipers, Can't quite ID it from the Colins Bird Guide...

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              The Yellow legs and your Greenshanks have the identical Scientific classification. Just a bit of trivia
          Working...
          X