Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	507299

2. Same bird again
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240308_Eagleby_0007-Edit.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	507297

2. Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike with an ant. It didn't move away from the messy background

Name:	20240308_Eagleby_0046-Edit.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	507298

4. Same bird again

Name:	20240308_Eagleby_0049.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	507296

Alan W

My Gallery

That red browed finch looks like as if it's wearing a mask. Looks like a couple more for the collection!
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans. Yes I’m happy with the finch shots. They weren’t too far away but didn’t hang around for long.

Excellent shots. That Finch is quite striking.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, they are beautiful little birds.

Yeah, I agree with both above Alan. I'm always satisfied with photos of birds in their environment, as long as there is good separation which you've got with the shrike.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. I do like photos of birds in their environment and some work better than others, but I have very few shots of these Cuckoo-shrikes. This one is just a bit too messy.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      You might be a bit more critical than me mate! The shrikes are around here pretty much non stop and they seem to be getting a bit more used to humans.

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, I am a bit picky. At least this one didn't just fly off like they usually do.

Another nice series. Really like the pose in #1, they are beautiful little birds. Not too bothered about the background on the Shrike, the subject is nice and sharp. Are Shrikes small birds or is that a really big ant?

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks AlfandBen. The Cuckoo-shrikes are medium size, 30-36 cm according to my book. The ant looks like a Golden-tailed Spiny ant and these are largish, probably around 8 mm long.
Working...
X