No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some larger birds

1. White-bellied Sea-eagle. Caught by surprise again. Looking at something on the river bank so missed this one flying down the river until it was right beside me. I sometimes stand and wait at this place in the hope of getting a shot but usually don't see one. Seeing it a bit earlier would have given a better angle with the sun in the right place and the chance of a few shots.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240308_Eagleby_0027.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	507321

2. Pheasant Coucal. I heard this one calling but didn't recognise the call - it was quite different to their usual call. It was flying between tree-tops against an overcast sky and no chance of a clear shot. This was the best one. They are cuckoo that raises its own young rather than being a nest parasite on other birds,

Name:	20240308_Eagleby_0009.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	507323

4. Great Egret. I took a few shots and was waiting to see if it would take off when I was distracted by a man walking past with a dog, and that's when it flew off. The background is the far bank of the river.

Name:	20240308_Eagleby_0029-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	507320

4. Great Egret. Same bird I think taken ten or fifteen minutes later

Name:	20240308_Eagleby_0033.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	507322

Alan W

My Gallery

Again, all good shots Alan and the Egret in flight is my pic. Perhaps #1 could have used a faster shutter- lots of motion blur on the bird. I tend to get better results with using Shutter Priority for BIF shots, maybe give that a try. 1/2000 | Auto ISO. Just a thought, I know you are a great tog and have your own ideas.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. Yes there is a bit of motion blur in #1, worst is in the wingtips. i had been looking at subjects in shade when this one caught me by surprise. I only had time to swing the camera up and grab this one shot and it was gone. I would normally use 12000 or 1/2500 for birds in flight.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Good that you got the shot - all that matters.

Stunning shots. That Coucal is quite striking.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. They are often on the ground in the undergrowth and I only see them as I flush them out as I walk past. Still trying to get a decent photo of one.

Super shots there Alan. As Dave remarks, the Coucal is a very striking boid...

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mark
Working...
X