X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faithful Hut

Bogong High Plains
    Monochrome with a red filter applied in post

Nice shots of an interesting old building. I think the first could be improved by lifting shadows and adding some contrast (I'm starting to sound like Isac)
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to say the same thing a bit more detail of the people on the porch for sure.

• K1W1
      K1W1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Despite appearances it is not really an old building. Most of it is fairly new I assume that it has been rebuilt over the years. I doubt that 19th century cattlemen had access to Philips headed self tapping screws to secure their decking planks for example. :-) I would have preferred that there was nobody on the porch but my mates were reading the hut log book and taking advantage of the shade.

I quite like both of these images K1W1, no need to apologise for the "mates" being in the shot they add a human element to the shot.
    The framing of the hut between the trees in #2 is very effective.
    My Gear

Comment

I must see thing's through different glasses and I don't mind the way that they are posted. And no I am not trying to start an argument.
      I think I have a simpler way of looking and I am not so much in to having to see it all as mentioned about the people.
      That part does not bother me. I know I would be happy to post them this way.
      Funny how we all have our own ways of what we want to see.
      I like both shots.

Comment

• K1W1
        K1W1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Can’t say I have ever been keen on the high contrast, high sharpness digital image look many seem to prefer but that is the beauty of photography. The only correct answer is the one the photographer wants.

G'day K1W1

Two attractive images - I prefer #1 - #2 seems a tad washed out as I look at it -
      and I am envious that you managed to get up into the high country where I would love to go, but regrettably the motorhome is not a horse or 4wd ute

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
        G'day K1W1

Two attractive images - I prefer #1 - #2 seems a tad washed out as I look at it -
        and I am envious that you managed to get up into the high country where I would love to go, but regrettably the motorhome is not a horse or 4wd ute

Phil
        The Buckety Plains camp ground is immediately beside the beautifly recently resealed Bogong High Plains Road. The section from the dam wall to Cope Hut would currently be the best road surface in Victoria. There are a couple of mud puddles on the 50m drive in that may dissuade a motorhome but less than 500 metres away is the Raspberry Hill camp ground that is suitable for any vehicle from a bicycle to a bus (I have seen buses parked there). Faithful Hut is a 700m downhill walk from the Buckety Plains campsite. Parking at Raspberry Hill would basically give you day walk access to most of the High Plains area.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place....3405271?hl=en

The whole road is sealed from Falls Creek to either Omeo in the south or Mitta Mitta in the north. The only issue I would have with a camper van would be heading from Falls down to the Omeo Highway. The last 2 km or so is very, very, very steep down. Going up in first gear would be my preference. Plenty of trucks and SUVs towing trailers go up. Bicycle Network have no problems getting 22 seater busses towing large trailers of bicycles up there.

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
          Ozzie_Traveller commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate - I thought that this hut would be 'miles away from civilisation' and thus needed 4wd or shanks'-pony to get there
          Phil
      Working...
      X