Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart apartments

I noticed the sunlit building facade with the storm front approaching in the background and took some photos. I then had a really good play around in post processing to make the whole image more striking. Probably too much for some people but I very much like this result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5LOA3868.2 (1024x710).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	340024
    My Flickr Gallery

Not sure I would want this on my living room wall but I could see it looking great in a beach side holiday apartment or somewhere like that.
    If you have LR5 why not try the perspective adjustment to pull the buildings square to the viewer.

Comment

I like it too! Strong geometric shapes and good colours, good composition. Got a lot going for it. K1W1 makes a good point about the perspective though, the buildings do appear to be leaning back but only slightly.
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

You can do perspective adjustments in CS5 as well it's just that it is a manual process.

Comment

Thanks LC and KIWI. In fact I did alter the perspective in CS6 a little. With a lot of adjusting I found that with so many vertical and horizontal lines, it was impossible to get them all squared up to my eye.

So I opted for this slight convergence view with the slight upward look, which mattered to me with the inclusion of the dark cloud line in the background. I wanted to retain the looking up aspect. Also there is a slight perceived lean of the buildings to the right, as I wasn't square on when taking the shot. I quite like this as well, as it gives a little more dynamics to the shot.

Just my thoughts, Cheers, Pete.
          My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Just hang the picture a little higher so people are looking slightly up at it.

Comment

Lol ^^
              -----------------------------------------------------
              Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Dee View Post
                Probably too much for some people but I very much like this result.
                that's all that matters Pete

bit of a straighten and I can see it framed (or a canvas) on a modern wall

BTW: sometimes a wide angle lens is the only way to get photos like this but long lenses are the best weapons to use.

Nice one Pete; you have nailed the PP IMO

Comment

I like your last comment KIWI, lol.

Thanks for your comment too Lost. I understand the wide angle problems compared to the long lens attributes, in relation to convergence. With this shot there isn't the room to stand back and use the longer focal lengths unfortunately.
                  My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X