No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37Sqn Anniversary

Good Morning all

Yesterday 37Sqn (RAAF) celebrated it's 75th Anniversary. Below are a few photos taken at Richmond NSW.
    As always your critique is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C130J  37Sqn.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	453699

Name:	C130J 37Sqn 1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	453700

Name:	C130J  37Sqn 2.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	453701

Name:	37Sqn Formation.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	453702
    Cheers
    Ross

Some really nice shots there Ross. Were these taken from the ground, or were you lucky enough to be airborne at the time?
    My Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
      Some really nice shots there Ross. Were these taken from the ground, or were you lucky enough to be airborne at the time?
      From the ground John, not that lucky
      Cheers
      Ross

Comment

Lovely work Ross. I thought #1 shutter at 200 was a bit slow but seemed to work out OK. #2 for me - lovely detail.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
          Lovely work Ross. I thought #1 shutter at 200 was a bit slow but seemed to work out OK. #2 for me - lovely detail.
          Oops something went wrong. Try again, thanks Isac for your thoughts, appreciated. Love my aviation photography but to date it,s been mostly of jets with much higher shutter speeds. Yesterday was the first time I have had to slow the shutter down to get the prop blur and to be honest it was just a guess, well sort of educated guess, I have read to get prop blur you need a shutter speed somewhere between 160 - 250 so I went down the middle. My biggest problem was not to blur the aircraft as well at the low shutter speed. Mind you keeper rate was very low about 5%.
          Cheers
          Ross

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the reply Ross. I'm sure you'll get it perfect with a little practice.
        Working...
        X