No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industrial centre at sundown

G'day all

Whyalla on the coast of South Australia has long been one of Australia's industrial centres - originally being close to a major iron-ore deposit & mining operation. These days it has expended and diversified to all sorts of "stuff" - the image being one of many in the area

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1,3sec x F7,1; ISO-125; lens at 20x zoom / 480mm FFequiv (+ tripod & self timer)

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Brilliant shot. Good exposure and I love that dramatic sky against all those lights. I did a curves and shadows adjustment to lift just the buildings and they have such wonderful colours and textures.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Can you remember seeing more detail? I like the picture but would like to see a bit more of the structures.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Like this Hans? These are great times for bracketing shots and look fabulous as HDR.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	industrial-sunset.jpg Views:	0 Size:	420.4 KB ID:	486833
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I like these dusk/dawn shots of industrial complexes, they have a real sense of mystery about them. As in "what's going on in there"?
          Well captured Phil.
          My Gear

Comment

Thanks fellas - esp Isac

I like the mod you've done, and I will examine myself - but perhaps not to the same degree - I like it a bit darker

This is one of two I shot - the breeze was vibrating the tripod and the other showed the tiniest of double-images when viewed at 100% - so it got zapped
            Phil

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheers Phil. Not too much darker though, you know I like to see what's lurking in those shadows

Really nice shot Phil. I agree a lighter foreground would improve it, but perhaps not as much as Isac's and I prefer the sky colour in your shot.
            Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

I am one for the original as this is just me. But I think if Phil likes it that way it was posted that is what should be considered over anything else.
              The brother one above me still works is that place somewhere and a lot of people who have ever lived there might have worked in the area at some stage.
              One thing I do know is working there on night shift it get very cold. I like the shot as taken.

Comment

Working...
              X