X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another boring steam train picture

8A building up speed for the up hill push to Emerald

G'day mate

Ahh-- good ol' Puffing Billy ... I well remember it from my days in the hills behind Melbourne
    ps- I do like the slight blur / movement in the frame vs the beaut sharpness of the loco -- well done

Phil

Comment

Good job! Surprised they let anyone hang out the windows these days or maybe they're now tied in unlike back in days of yore!
      The one thing I remember of the PB was sticking my head out the window and copping an eyeful of soot straight away.

Comment

• K1W1
        K1W1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They stopped the leg out thing about three years ago after a minor crash at a crossing. Nobody hurt, cars fault.
        They rejigged the carriages with wider ledges and lower bottom rails to prevent people falling out and restarted the legs out policy when they resumed in early 2022 after the Covid shutdowns.

I'm not sure it's possible to take a 'boring steam train picture' some of mine with the trains unpowered probably come about as close as possible. Needless to say I don't consider your effort even remotely boring.
      Compulsive photographic dabbler.

Comment

• K1W1
        K1W1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess they are boring from my point of view because I have taken so many. There is a walking trail that goes beside the railway line for a considerable part of its total length and most times if we walk on the afternoon at least one train goes past.
    Working...
    X