2)-

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/1600s x F4,0; ISO-100; lens at 1x zoom / 24mm FFequiv

3)-

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/1300s x F4,0; ISO-100; lens at 2x zoom / 48mm FFequiv

4)-

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/1300s x F4,0; ISO-100; lens at 3x zoom / 75mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Well that's different and eye-catching. Not so sure of the aesthetic appeal, but hey, it's artistic expression.

They look just a little dark to me Phil.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Very creative minds in our outback Phil. I agree with Alan on the dark comment and some halo on #2.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Wow, I have heard of a bird on a stick, but not a lorry on a pole..! Well seen and caught...

And well done to the farmer, who must plenty of time on his hands..

Comment

Mark- the farm was one of many cotton farms in the area, so presumably there is plenty of a)- money around, and b)- plenty of "quiet times"

Alan + Isac ... on my laptop they all look okay as to brightness and no halo to be seen
          100% crop attached
          Phil

Click image for larger version

Name:	zzGoondiwindi Sculptures (1),m.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	504559

Comment

All good Phil. I'm probably seeing a bit different to your laptop screen because I use an IPS panel. It's a must for me because of the graphic design work I do for clients. I think having your images 800 x 400 and only 65kb is way too small to display well on the forum. The maximum file size is 350kb and maximum dimensions are 1250 pixels on the longest side. I use 1200 on the longest side and between 250kb and 300kb for file size. These sizes will best display your images.
            This is the halo I see:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	SH_1630_(001).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	504571
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I can see haloes on #2 - on an iPad at the moment. Brightness can be a matter of taste but these also do show space at the right of the histogram.

I do have screen brightness set fairly low.
              Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks fellas

Okay - yes I can see the halo you are talking about--and Ummmmmmm Q- is it a real issue? I dunno, I'll chew it over
                As to file size etc, with =anything= heading for the internet I deliberately try to keep images small (1000px <-> and 800px vertical) x 250kb or thereabouts
                On most things it might not be an issue, some yrs ago I did find one of my photos turning up on someone else's site "without any acknowledgement". I was not impressed to say the least

I have also had a 'remarkably similar' image turn up on a calendar printed in China, but with a landscape it's hmmm- is it? or isn''t it?

Phil

Comment

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All good mate, you can use any size that you're comfortable with. I have a different view, in that I like to present images as best I can. The difference between 1000px and 1200px is not that much really, so it's your call. Your image was only 65kb which is very low quality for this forum.
                  With people using my images for whatever they want, I'm OK with that, it's a form of flattery. At my age, life's too short and it won't be long before photography is a thing of the past with A.I. killing off a lot of creativity in the photography and graphic art fields. I bet the camera companies are a bit concerned. That's just my own thoughts though. I'm sure many will see it differently.
              Working...
              X