No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A qwik view of Clifton Qld

G'day all

Clifton is one of many small country towns, vibrant in its own way with plenty of houses + shops all kept in good nick. These pics from a pre-brekky morning walk

1)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/130s x F6,3; ISO-125; lens at 2x zoom / 45mm FFequiv

2)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/160s x F6,3; ISO-125; lens at 2x zoom / 38mm FFequiv

3)- the Post Office

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/640s x F6,3; ISO-125; lens at 2x zoom / 50mm FFequiv

4)- and I love the fret work in these wondow shades

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1000s x F6,3; ISO-125; lens at 5x zoom / 115mm FFequiv

5)- Not 100% happy with this one - I've done a 'shadows lift' but made it look a bit insipid to my eyes

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/100s x F6,3; ISO-100; lens at 3x zoom / 75mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

All look like well maintained buildings Phil. Some are a bit dark for me, especially #1. Perhaps it's your screen that's not displaying correctly? Also for these types of buildings I love to see the entire structure in the frame for 1, 3 and 5. For me, I'd use a wider shot. If there are any annoying bits at the edge of the frame it's easy to remove them.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate

Often there's rubbish etc in the house yard or a pole or 'something' that gets to me ... so I frame things accordingly
      Equally, I do enjoy 'a close look' rather than a 'wide' look so that the lovely details can be seen

Phil

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      All good mate. I'm with you on that. I love your closeup shots My comment was probably borne out of advice I got many years ago from a pro tog about "cutting off" hands and feet in people photos and parts of objects that are important in the shot, like tops of buildings etc, which we've all been guilty of I guess. I don't think a few steps back would have been too bad for #1 and #5 though, but that's just IMHO.

Another great set Phil. I like the mix of textures in #2. Beautiful light in all of them.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks fellas
      Phil

Comment

Further to what Isac commented on earlier, I had quick edit of your first three images in Adobe Camera Raw without using Photoshop at all. I know that you use Elements, maybe it would be worth checking if ACR will run as a plugin (it is a free program),

These edits were done using the Auto setting for exposure and the Band Aid tool to get rid of the power lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ozzie 1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	504820

Name:	ozzie 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	504821

Name:	Ozzie 3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	504822

My Gear

Comment

Thanks John

I do have ACR ..... funnily enough it came free with the older version of PS-E that I had (on the dead laptop) but the current 2022 version, I had to download it as an extra
          I have used it regularly over the months, but as I heading away from Adobe products I don't know how much longer I will bother with their =APPALLING= menu / toolbar options
          Adobe Reader has become so complex with personally unwanted options, I have junked it and now use something else for my PDF stuff
          Adobe PS-E toolbars now consume 1/3- of the laptop screen with the image itself jumping all across the screen as tools are activated ... it's a disaster

I'll post a couple of screen dumps below ... I'd bet that PS itself does not suffer these indignities !!
          Phil

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Phil. What PDF software did you install and what internet browser and search engine do you use ?
            There's a great PDF program called Foxit Reader. Download from my website if you want to take a look. It's free up yo version 9.1 which I still use. It's fast, small and brilliant. It installs its own printer driver so you can use it to print anything to a PDF file. Just do a standard installation and DON'T update it if you want to keep the printer, just keep using the same version. The PDF files you save are really small so that's a good thing. I'm here to help if you need it.
            Download here: https://www.isacimages.com/Free/Foxit_Reader_9-1.zip

With PSE, you can usually remove or add menu bars by right clicking on a blank space on the top menu and add/remove items.

Hi Phil, here are screenshots of ACR and Photoshop from my home screen. The menu bars are fully customisable to make best use of your screen area.

ACR

Name:	ACR.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	504870

Photoshop

Name:	PS.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	504871